darwinia on the gp2x?

Anything and everything

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris

netsurf
level0

darwinia on the gp2x?

Postby netsurf » Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:29 am

hey guys i am fairly new to this scene and was wondering if this game could be ported to the gp2x?
since it would be a lower target resolution i thought it maybe possible. www.gp2x.co.uk for the details about the console
it is worth noting that it does not have a 3d chip though
xander
level5
level5

Re: darwinia on the gp2x?

Postby xander » Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:33 pm

netsurf wrote:hey guys i am fairly new to this scene and was wondering if this game could be ported to the gp2x?
since it would be a lower target resolution i thought it maybe possible. www.gp2x.co.uk for the details about the console
it is worth noting that it does not have a 3d chip though

Without hardware 3D, I doubt Darwinia would even begin to run on such a system. Darwinia my look simply, but it really is quite intensive, both graphically and processor-wise.

xander
trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:06 pm

...I'll have the egg, bacon, sausage and spam.

:o
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:10 pm

trickfred wrote:...I'll have the egg, bacon, sausage and spam.

Borderline...

xander
trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:34 pm

xander wrote:
trickfred wrote:...I'll have the egg, bacon, sausage and spam.

Borderline...

xander

...Of course. That's why it didn't warrant breaking out the SpamBot pic. :D
netsurf
level0

Postby netsurf » Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:36 pm

i wouldnt say it is spam, it isnt advertising anything its purpose is to inquire if the game would run on a games console. the reason for placing the link is because it isnt as well known as the psp or DS hence not everyone may have heard of it. thanks for answering my question though.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:55 pm

netsurf wrote:i wouldnt say it is spam, it isnt advertising anything its purpose is to inquire if the game would run on a games console. the reason for placing the link is because it isnt as well known as the psp or DS hence not everyone may have heard of it. thanks for answering my question though.

I gave you the benefit of the doubt, because the post seemed germane. However, you did several things that make your post look like spam (it is often hard to tell).
  • there are almost no capital letters in your post
  • your grammar is not very good
  • your post basically consists of a link, and a very short question that justifies that link
  • it was your first post

I have seen a fair number of spam messages on these boards, and more over at ASW. Spambots will register an account, post one message, and never be seen again (probably because NeoThermic bans them). The messages often look a lot like yours -- poor grammar and spelling, no capital letters, and one or two links to some product. This is not to say that you did anything wrong, only that spambots are getting better and better at impersonating real people. With regards to the points above, you can make your posts look less like spam by doing the following;
  • use proper capitalization -- capitalize the first words of sentences, proper nouns, abbreviations, &c.
  • check your grammar and punctuation -- read through your post before you hit submit, and make sure that it reads well, and makes sense
  • be more specific -- the more specific you are, and the better you tie it into the topic of the forum, the more likely it is to be taken seriously

As to it being your first post, there isn't much to be done about that.

Here is what I would probably have written:
An almost perfect poster wrote:Hey, guys! I am fairly new to these boards, but I really like Darwinia. I was wondering if Darwinia could be ported to a portable console, such as the GP2X? Because the graphics in Darwinia don't look that intensive, I thought it might be possible. Would it be possible, even though the GP2X doesn't have a 3D graphics chip?

At any rate, we know that you are a human now, so welcome to the boards!

xander
trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:42 pm

...I was just really hungry.

*wanders off to fry up some spam and eggs...*
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:56 pm

xander wrote:Spambots will register an account, post one message, and never be seen again (probably because NeoThermic bans them).

Muahahahahahaha!

I'm not evil, honest... :twisted:

NeoThermic
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:12 pm

NeoThermic wrote:
xander wrote:Spambots will register an account, post one message, and never be seen again (probably because NeoThermic bans them).

Muahahahahahaha!

I'm not evil, honest... :twisted:

NeoThermic

Of course not. Evil would be not banning them.

xander
netsurf
level0

Postby netsurf » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:22 am

Ahh I see sorry I am just lazy with punctuation and spelling i am no good at.
The thought didn't enter my mind that it was spambot like. How come you don't have visual comformation codes like most boards are now working on? Or did i just miss that :/
trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:08 pm

netsurf wrote:Ahh I see sorry I am just lazy with punctuation and spelling i am no good at.
The thought didn't enter my mind that it was spambot like. How come you don't have visual comformation codes like most boards are now working on? Or did i just miss that :/

*pokes NeoThermic*
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:44 pm

If you're a registered user, there's no point giving you a CAPTCHA. There is one, though, for registering.

NeoThermic

Return to “General”