Darwinia Keychains?

Anything and everything

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris

Twitchy
level1
level1

Darwinia Keychains?

Postby Twitchy » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:13 pm

Does IV have any plans to sell the Darwinian Keychains by themselves? Because its kind of a kick in the nuts to have bought the game off steam ages ago to see people getting all sorts of goodies now. I'd pay for a keychain itself :(
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:17 pm

A lot of people have said this, I personally want one of the little darwinians they were throwing around at the IGF.
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:26 pm

So far as I know, IV have no plans to sell the keychains by themselves. No way to know, however, until IV announces that they will be selling the keychains by themselves...

xander
Babylon5
level5
level5

Postby Babylon5 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:53 pm

Those things would fucking rule.

No, I have NOT fixed my speakers.
trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:46 pm

xander wrote:So far as I know, IV have no plans to sell the keychains by themselves. No way to know, however, until IV announces that they will be selling the keychains by themselves...

xander

...The keychains, I would assume, are more in Cinemaware's domain, and not IV's. It was most likely their decision to include them, and the idea for them most likely came from the NA PR firm handling the launch. You'd probably be better off to ask Cinemaware if they'll be made available individually rather than IV, but as they're really just a small and cheap promotional item, I can't see them selling them individually.

I could be wrong, but I can't see them selling for more then a dollar or two (so really, a lot of time expended for minimal gains), and I can't see them expecting a whole lot of people to buy them when anyone who has bought the game this side of the pond already has one.
Twitchy
level1
level1

Postby Twitchy » Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:58 pm

Keychains can go as high as 5 bucks a pop, and, frankly, I'd pay 5 bucks plus shipping to have a Darwinian dangling from my car keys
trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:02 am

...To elaborate (in my opinion, obviously), I have a handful sitting in front of me, and honestly, I wouldn't pay more than a buck or two for one. Any more than that, and it's just a cash grab. They're neat, but seriously not worth $5. They tarnish easily and quickly, just from keys touching them even. :P

What might be better than selling them, for the hardcore on the boards here, would be for IV to acquire, say, 10-20 of them, and hold some kind of modding contest, and give them away as prizes. :D
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:30 am

trickfred wrote:...To elaborate (in my opinion, obviously), I have a handful sitting in front of me, and honestly, I wouldn't pay more than a buck or two for one. Any more than that, and it's just a cash grab. They're neat, but seriously not worth $5. They tarnish easily and quickly, just from keys touching them even. :P

What might be better than selling them, for the hardcore on the boards here, would be for IV to acquire, say, 10-20 of them, and hold some kind of modding contest, and give them away as prizes. :D

You know, trickfred, if you don't like the keychains that much, you could send them to me. I would appreciate them ;)

xander
Twitchy
level1
level1

Postby Twitchy » Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:33 am

Perhaps they could make some out of metal? The foam ones look pretty bulky.
trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:13 am

Never said I didn't like them. Just, they are what they are - a cute freebie, nothing more, nothing less (Guess I'm not a very good fanboy).

(Noone's said anything about the Mod contest idea...)

On the other hand, I'd probably pay $5 USD for a metal one. :D
PoisonedV
level1
level1

Postby PoisonedV » Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:39 am

I am a skilled metal worker. I could probabley... Come up with something.

That is if I dont get sued by IV.

Return to “General”