soundtrack CD: the point?

Anything and everything

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris

cde
level2
level2

Postby cde » Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:27 am

Got that track too, track two...

Also note that the game's sounds.dat file can be opened up - it's a solid RAR archive - so you could dig out the audio as OGG Vorbis audio.

However, the versions on the CD are "full-length" - I've not meticulously compared them to the sounds.dat or downloadable versions, but I get the feeling you get more on the CD.
Mef
level2
level2

Postby Mef » Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:17 am

1)
martin wrote:I have excuses.

Man I combed the net and it ain't out there - do me a favour and send 'excuses' to Mefpazur@wp.pl

2) Anyone found where to get "Pain Fade Down" ?

3)
Also note that the game's sounds.dat file can be opened up - it's a solid RAR archive - so you could dig out the audio as OGG Vorbis audio.

However, the versions on the CD are "full-length" - I've not meticulously compared them to the sounds.dat or downloadable versions, but I get the feeling you get more on the CD.

I,ve already opened sounds.dat listened to da music, but I want mp3 since I can do nothing with .ogg apart from playing it (can't burn or convert...)
And yes - Impact of Silence is originally some 45 secs longer, but these are crappy 45 secs anyway

EDIT:
Forgive me my manners - Since these are my very first posts here - Hello Everyone 8)
cde
level2
level2

Postby cde » Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:58 pm

I might not be speaking for everyone, but when you can get the audio out of your game files and someone has already posted a link to the store ( http://store.introversion.co.uk/product ... ucts_id=49 ), I doubt anyone will be emailing you the tunes.

After all, this isn't a piracy forum...
Darksun
level5
level5

Postby Darksun » Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:21 pm

cde wrote:After all, this isn't a piracy forum...

All the tracks are (or were) freely availiable on the web.

The site seems to have been redesigned somewhat, excuses definatly used to be there, but seems to have been removed. However, you can still get Pain Fade Down from http://www.trash80.net/mp3s/trash80_-_p ... e-down.mp3
Mef
level2
level2

Postby Mef » Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:30 pm

>>Darksun - You just made my day :D bless You... Hurray
>>cde - well thanks for nothing... I asked people to mail me 'Excuses' since this tune is no longer available on internet (I searched - and believe me, I searched A LOT) so don't criticise... Anyway, I'll have to wait a lot for sountracks shipment (Location: Poland - You see...) an additionaly 5 punds is a money i got for a whole day work not for hour as You people so :evil: ...
trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:47 pm

Seriously, people, just email trash80, and ask the guy if he can re-add excuses to the site. There's already evidence on the site that he's done this at least once. Why does everyone have to do everything the hard way?

(Also - I've bought the CD, I think everyone else should too. Support IV and independant music makers!)
Dirty Harry Potter
level3
level3

Postby Dirty Harry Potter » Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:23 pm

The file is still up for download, just not accessible through his website. At some point after looking all the place for that specific track I tried to guess the filename and I got it right. Anyway, here's the link: http://www.trash80.net/mp3s/tresk_-_excuses.mp3
trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:43 pm

Nice detective work. :D
Mef
level2
level2

Postby Mef » Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:49 pm

Thx soooo much :D ... Alas Why was this considered the hard way? :wink:

Dirty Harry this was some nice work, I thought it was removed for good, since all links to that track (on other pages) just didn't work at all !

Anyway, I'm kinda stunned by how quickly people reply here, really, on SHAMO (Fallout community forum) I always had to wait...and...wait... (although mine questions were not as easy in there)

Keep it up All of You!
Battlefrank
level2
level2

Postby Battlefrank » Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:16 am

take that, cyberspace!
cde
level2
level2

Postby cde » Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:55 am

Mef, chill out.

You can easily and freely convert OGG to WAV using free software such as Audacity ( http://sourceforge.net/projects/audacity
) and burn from there using any software.

OK, re-encoding to MP3 would lose a little quality, but you could use a high VBR (min 128/max 320) to pretty much avoid this.

I apologise if you think I made assumptions about money & postage - I didn't read your location.

Good luck getting the tracks, see you on the baords :)
Mef
level2
level2

Postby Mef » Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:06 pm

>>cde

I overreacted a bit, sorry... And thanks for Audacity, I must really admit some laziness since I didn't even search for ogg converter :oops:

It's just getting anything shipped to Poland is so much mess, and everything seems to be published in here "hundred years after ....."

Damn I am crushed by how polite You people are - great thing to know a community not made of hormone packed, touchy teenagers :wink:
Last edited by Mef on Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
READY:
MEF

?SYNTAX ERROR
trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:21 pm

Mef wrote:>>cde

...and everything seems to be published in here "hundred years after n******" (no offence ment to anyone - its just a Polish saying)

...And as this isn't a Polish-exclusive forum, I at least would appreciate it if you'd not use words that could be potentially offensive to non-Polish people reading it.

The phrase obviously has its roots based in racism, and, I for one, don't find it constructive or valuable to the topic at hand.

Just because you're at a keyboard, and not directly standing in front of people, doesn't mean you're absolved of using ignorant and offensive language. There's a time and a place for everything, and a public forum is not the place for such filth. Save the crassness for when you're around your fellow bigots.

Return to “General”