A darwinia trainer

Anything and everything

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle, Chris

Wet_Flannel
level2
level2

A darwinia trainer

Postby Wet_Flannel » Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:27 pm

I think this game is in real need of a trainer.... 0000 flame at me if im wrong.... but imagine if you could just spamm out on darwinians while covering them with your 30 man squad all with rockets... it would be crazy... so could people either advise me to a current trainer or some genius out there make one... it would be greatly appreciated and every1 would love you and hug you and kiss you and occasionly hump you but maybe not.... please

teh inevitable flannel
t3h flannel dont worry its a hippo
Darksun
level5
level5

Postby Darksun » Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:59 pm

You can edit the stats file to make things easier for you if you want, but I think the game is fairly easy as it is (though I have played it a lot)
Wet_Flannel
level2
level2

Postby Wet_Flannel » Mon May 09, 2005 8:56 pm

Yer tbh i only play this game to slaughter darwinians (munchkins) and to fet around with the virii So which file can you edit mate?
Darksun
level5
level5

Postby Darksun » Mon May 09, 2005 10:33 pm

Rename the main.dat to main.rar, extract it into your darwinia directory, it should give you a folder called data. In this folder is a text file, stats.txt

You can set the speed, hp and firing rate of units to make it easier or harder for yourself (lightspeed virii are cool!)
Wet_Flannel
level2
level2

Postby Wet_Flannel » Sun May 15, 2005 1:54 pm

cheers thats quite useful does the speed of something increase when the number is lower i thought this very strange
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sun May 15, 2005 3:20 pm

Wet_Flannel wrote:cheers thats quite useful does the speed of something increase when the number is lower i thought this very strange

How do you mean the speed? The refire rate is the speed that it takes to reload, thus smaller numbers mean faster weapons. On the other hand, movement rates are calculated in virtual meters / second. In that case, higher settings should create faster units.

xander
Wet_Flannel
level2
level2

Postby Wet_Flannel » Sun May 15, 2005 7:26 pm

ok i see of course wat a f00l i am cheers - t3h darwinia ftw!
vcordie
level1
level1
Location: [Log Modified] Connection from 128.128.128.128 Established

Help

Postby vcordie » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:28 pm

when ever i open the .dat file for main, because i have to to save it as a rar file, i have to open it in notepad, because thats how my computer is set from modding gta vc, and i rar it, when i try to extract it i get no archives or this archive is corrupted, i know i have data it it because it has 915kb in it, any help here?
Out There Software

The Bedroom Programmers Next Door
Now with an extra dose of dragons!
xander
level5
level5

Re: Help

Postby xander » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:56 am

What?

First, don't bump 2.5 year old topics. Second, I don't even understand what your question is. Why are you using Notepad? To open a .rar archive, you need to use some kind of .rar archive utility.

xander
vcordie
level1
level1
Location: [Log Modified] Connection from 128.128.128.128 Established

Postby vcordie » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:49 pm

well first of all, in order for me to turn the .dat archives into rar archives, i have to open the .dat in notepad and click save as and type "main.rar", the reason i have to open in notepad is because i used to play mtavc, and i was looking at the .dat files to change the ammount of damage each weapon did, when i rename my .dats normally now i get main.rar.dat, and when i do it the notepad way when i try to extract using winrar, it says the archive is corrupted or damaged.
Out There Software

The Bedroom Programmers Next Door

Now with an extra dose of dragons!
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:41 pm

vcordie wrote:well first of all, in order for me to turn the .dat archives into rar archives, i have to open the .dat in notepad and click save as and type "main.rar", the reason i have to open in notepad is because i used to play mtavc, and i was looking at the .dat files to change the ammount of damage each weapon did, when i rename my .dats normally now i get main.rar.dat, and when i do it the notepad way when i try to extract using winrar, it says the archive is corrupted or damaged.

What the fuck are you on about!? The .dat files are already .rar archives. You don't need to turn them into anything. Just rename the file from .dat to .rar as it says to do in the fourth post in this topic.

xander
hitm4n
level3
level3

Postby hitm4n » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:56 pm

Sounds to me like he has file extensions hidden.

Return to “General”