Tropical Map

Working on new maps for Multiwinia? Discuss!

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:20 pm

In blitz and rr, the player gets armour reinforcements from trunk ports. Maybe you could put trunk ports in the level, and get armour that way?

xander
Ripfang
level1
level1

Postby Ripfang » Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:33 pm

Ehhh... I don't really want to put trunkports in... There's really not enough room without rearranging everything and I like the layout as it is. Anyway if I figure out the AI problem it won't matter, and I think its good to go for multiplayer anyway.

Ok editing first post with some minor changes. There were a few places where your guys would get stuck (especially that one center island where the spawn link was too close to the radar), and I added back in the zones for King of the hill (I warn you though the computers don't actually go for the hill spots for whatever reason).
Lowell
level3
level3

Postby Lowell » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:00 pm

I liked using the radar dishes. I could use the Z key and zoom in and see most all of them.
Once several got hooked throughout the map, it was hard to see through all the beams to the other side.
I wasn't paying attention and left one of the dishes in place, red and blue hooked up and crept in. So turning them after taking an island might be one thing to do.
Most of the dishes on the other half of the map, were turned to where I could not connect to them. I think the armor is still needed. I recieved armor as a power-up, green got the nukes. :)

EDIT//
I don't really want to put trunkports in...
...yeah, but if the islands were a tad larger, not that they need to be mind you, but if they were you could place trunk ports for the armor. I think parking a few might get them blown up before use, the trunk ports spawn them every so often.
However it may just be that you need to progress to other islands in order to get to the dishes you need to connect to the outer islands. Which that is a challange to do and makes it fun as the other sides can creep in behind you if you are not watching. It kept me moving for sure. :D
Ripfang
level1
level1

Postby Ripfang » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:19 am

I wanted there to be a kind of progression to it. I purposely made the default radar directions face each players starting points. I wanted the island to only start out available to closest player so there wouldn't be any unfair land grabs in the first few seconds of the game. Each island comes into play only as the players activate and use the dishes that are facing them. Unfortunately with the AI issue that mean that islands will sit there unused for most of the game because the computer with easy access simply doesn't go there. I like the fact that if you want use the reinforcements from each island it means you have to risk it getting stolen when your not looking.

Personally I've gotten into the habit of purposely letting computers link up. That way I can wait until just before the enemy guys get there before breaking the link (by turning the dish around) and killing all of them.

You guys feel free to make you own edits of this. I'm not going make the truckport thing, but you guys can make a version with them if you want.
Lowell
level3
level3

Postby Lowell » Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:18 am

I like it as is.
Great map. 8)
I haden't thought of waiting till the beam gets full then moving it...great move. :lol:

Return to “Mods and Maps”