The Official Unofficial Multiwinia Ladder

Working on new maps for Multiwinia? Discuss!

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco

sfericz
level5
level5

Postby sfericz » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:28 am

My account on the Ladder keeps getting deactivated. (It still shows up in member list)

But my password doesn't work, and when I try to recover my password. It says "User doesn't exist"

Is it because I'm not very active yet, or some other issue?
jelco
level5
level5

Postby jelco » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:23 pm

sfericz wrote:My account on the Ladder keeps getting deactivated. (It still shows up in member list)

But my password doesn't work, and when I try to recover my password. It says "User doesn't exist"

Is it because I'm not very active yet, or some other issue?

I don't deactivate users automatically, so I don't know why it was deactivated in the first place. According to the database, there were no outstanding activation e-mails for your account, so I'm a little lost with regards to the cause to be honest. :| Anyway, I reactivated your account, it should be possible to reset your password now. (It also says the user doesn't exist when it's not activated, changed the message to be more clear about this.)

Jelco
"The ships hung in the sky much the same way that bricks don't."
- Douglas Adams
sfericz
level5
level5

Postby sfericz » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:00 pm

Thanks jelco, I'll keep you informed if this happens again.

Also good work on the site, its looking great.
jelco
level5
level5

Postby jelco » Sat May 02, 2009 1:50 am

I'm not going to repeat everything I put in both the newsletter and the most recent news post, but I will say that we're celebrating the Ladder's 6-month anniversary and there are a couple of things that come with that celebration that you should take note of. :)

Furthermore, stats freaks can find a 6-month match-per-day graph over here. :)

Jelco

- Douglas Adams
sfericz
level5
level5

Postby sfericz » Sat May 02, 2009 3:19 am

This is great jelco....The replay system is genius. I hope there isn't a daily limit to how many recordings we can watch because its study night for me :P
jelco
level5
level5

Postby jelco » Sat May 02, 2009 12:37 pm

To prevent abuse, one person can't request more than one replay per hour, and the queue can't be longer than 10 replays. That's just about the limit. I might decrease the time limit to 30 minutes though.

Jelco

- Douglas Adams
Phelanpt
level5
level5

Postby Phelanpt » Sat May 02, 2009 5:16 pm

Keeping things organized. :P
jelco wrote:
RabidZombie wrote:Great feature.

A few suggestions though. ;)

1) Replay request on the match page?
2) Ability to cancel your own requests on the queue?
3) Ability to set a server password when requesting?

Currently, it's pretty non-user friendly. It's not clear how to get to the replay page (News -> View Details). Perhaps add it to the nav bar?

Also, the request limit needs to be decreased if there's no queue. :P

I'm presuming this was supposed to go in the Ladder topic, but oh well. ;) I'm working on points 1 and 2, I'm not sure why 3 would be needed - a total of 5 spectators can join a replay so you shouldn't be kicked out of the game that you yourself requested. The replays are also now in the right bar, I will have to see if I can cram it in the top bar without screwing up the readability. The request limit might be decreased, but it's mostly there to prevent abuse (i.e. people spamming the queue with requests). (Please reply to this in the appropriate topic, keeps things organized. :))

Wouldn't spamming the queue not be a problem if said queue was empty? I don't see a problem to decrease the time limit when it is empty to 10, 15 minutes( the length of a game). I mean, once you have a replay going, the limit increases, and the person who put that replay there will have to wait the 30 minutes.
(I feel like I'm not making much sense in writing today. Let me know if I made myself understood)
tals
level1
level1

Postby tals » Mon May 04, 2009 7:31 pm

Late to the party here but can I just say how great your site is :) Totally bought me back into the game.

Who created the addin - the only aspect I would like to see improved is ability to join a game from it - although I suspect that is game problem as opposed to the addin. When I previously played multiwinia it would be ages before people joined now they join quickly

Great mod and web site

Tals
jelco
level5
level5

Postby jelco » Mon May 04, 2009 8:29 pm

Phelanpt wrote:Wouldn't spamming the queue not be a problem if said queue was empty? I don't see a problem to decrease the time limit when it is empty to 10, 15 minutes( the length of a game). I mean, once you have a replay going, the limit increases, and the person who put that replay there will have to wait the 30 minutes.

I'm sorry, I missed your post before. I'll look into this when I'm not so insanely busy as tonight.

tals wrote:Who created the addin - the only aspect I would like to see improved is ability to join a game from it - although I suspect that is game problem as opposed to the addin. When I previously played multiwinia it would be ages before people joined now they join quickly

The Firefox plugin is courtesy of MadMorgan, the Opera widget is my creation. The problem is that Multiwinia doesn't support special links to join a specific server, though I might see if we can change that, you never know. :) Launching the game in general from a plugin is not supported due to security restrictions on plugins in both browsers, but if I can convince certain people at IV to look into special server connect links for Multiwinia, we can circumvent this.

As said above, I'm incredibly busy at the moment, so I'll take a proper look at this later.

Jelco

- Douglas Adams
Phelanpt
level5
level5

Postby Phelanpt » Sun May 17, 2009 3:47 am

Jelco, I've been trying to watch the replay of #22434 for some time now, and it never appears in lobby list. Could you check to see if it's something on the server side?
I've been able to join other replays, but not that one.
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Sun May 17, 2009 11:53 am

Replays are experimental with several consequences, such as: replays end abruptly when they are finished (resulting in a "Lost connection to server" message) and sometimes this happens before the replay is finished, sync errors and inaccuracies can pop up at any time, and some replays might not work at all.
With that quoted, it sounds weird. I just tried requesting that match, and the same thing happened.
jelco
level5
level5

Postby jelco » Sun May 17, 2009 12:57 pm

Yeah, apparently this happends with several replays, I haven't yet been able to figure out what the problem is. I'll look into it when I have time, but I'm not sure how much of that I'll have during the upcoming days.

Jelco

- Douglas Adams
Phelanpt
level5
level5

Postby Phelanpt » Sun May 17, 2009 1:38 pm

Thanks.

NeatNit wrote:
Replays are experimental with several consequences, such as: replays end abruptly when they are finished (resulting in a "Lost connection to server" message) and sometimes this happens before the replay is finished, sync errors and inaccuracies can pop up at any time, and some replays might not work at all.
With that quoted, it sounds weird. I just tried requesting that match, and the same thing happened.

I think that message was in regard to older replays, which go out of sync pretty fast. I think they only work if you use the right version for the client.
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Sun May 17, 2009 3:28 pm

No, it also happens on perfectly fine current version recordings. Has something to do with the client not really supporting spectators. The same recording that causes sync errors on normal playback can work fine with JoinAs.

Also, I remember watching that recording you have problems with over the Ladder interface, it worked fine for me then. Downloading and playing it back on a local dedwinia also works. So maybe something in the database got borked?
jelco
level5
level5

Postby jelco » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:10 pm

I just returned from Graspop to find that some idiot has been requesting password resets for a hefty amount of people, I'm guessing it was Cyan. Permanent IP ban is in place, but I have to say that he probably wasn't using his own machine (IP doesn't match if I remember his correctly) so in case he used someone else's PC who wants to use the Ladder I might have to unban him.

I'll deal with the Anniversary Tourney later this afternoon, I need to sort out some things.

Jelco

- Douglas Adams

Return to “Mods and Maps”