The Official Unofficial Multiwinia Ladder

Working on new maps for Multiwinia? Discuss!

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco

Killjoy
level1
level1

Postby Killjoy » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:34 pm

NeatNit wrote:Seems that this happens mainly when the sky already ended and there's some black back-background part.
(Am I allowed to use this for non-beta-related stuff? :P)

I too get that line on IE7, its not there on FF3 though.
jelco
level5
level5

Postby jelco » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:45 pm

Is it fixed? I tried something, it should work if the problem is what I think it is.

Jelco
"The ships hung in the sky much the same way that bricks don't."
- Douglas Adams
Killjoy
level1
level1

Postby Killjoy » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:17 am

Yes it's fixed... kinda, the right part needs to move left slightly, it is kinda weird but its hardly noticeable now.
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:49 pm

jelco wrote:Is it fixed? I tried something, it should work if the problem is what I think it is.

Jelco
Sorry, no, it wasn't fixed. But it is definitely nitpicking that I mentioned it :P
MadMorgan
level1
level1

gamesinprogress service

Postby MadMorgan » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:54 am

Hi Jelco,

I'm wondering if it would be possible to make a variation on gamesinprogress.php which produces either an XML or, preferably, a JSON datastructure containing the same information which is in the table.

Or if you don't mind sharing the source for gamesinprogress.php with me, I could implement the JSON version myself on my own server.

I imagine the data structure being something straight forward like this:

Code: Select all

[
   {
      server: 'NeoThermic\'s ded-BLITZ',
      mode: 'Blitzkrieg',
      map: 'The Bleak Mountains',
      players: 0,
      max: 2,
   },
   {
      server: 'MadMorgan',
      mode: 'Capture the Statue',
      map: 'Melting Pot',
      players: 3,
      max: 3,
   },
   . . .
]

Such a data service would make it possible for me and anyone else to write Firefox extensions or other web widgets which are savy to the current server list and can do stuff like, for example, filter and display any servers with (players > 0 && players < max && status == 'Waiting').

Thoughts?

~ MadMorgan
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:56 am

Why not get the information directly from Introversion, like Jelco does?
jelco
level5
level5

Postby jelco » Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:33 pm

First: that idea is pretty awesome.

Well, the most important reason I can imagine you'd want to use an XML/JSON produced by the Ladder rather than Introversion's own data source is that the Ladder parses the map hashes and the like. With future additions in mind, I think that is the best option. You're welcome to ask Introversion about their system to provide me the data (I'm not sure if they want me to tell everybody what it is), but I'm feeling like scripting today so if you give me a few hours I'll have such a script working for you by the evening. :)

MadMorgan, if you can write such a Firefox extension yourself, please contact me by PM so I can provide you with the details you need (if there are any) and I'll be willing to host the extension as a download on the Ladder server. ;)

EDIT: Was even simpler than I expected, I've PMed you the URI of the finished script. :)

Jelco

- Douglas Adams
jelco
level5
level5

Postby jelco » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:33 am

Just to get my mind off things today, I decided to mess around with Python a bit. The result is visible in the form of Ladderbot, who sits around #multiwinia on the UplinkCorp IRC server. He is hooked into the Ladder database, so you can ask him people's stats using !userinfo, and an extended version is !userinfo+. Info for the custom boards is accessible through !usermodeinfo and !usermodeinfo+. !online will tell you the same things as the 'Currently online' box on the website.

It's mostly just an excuse for me to finally take a proper dive into Python, but it might actually prove to be useful (phew, managed to finish that with a straight face) so if you have any feature suggestions you're free to dump them here. I might let it populate the lobby channel if and when IV decide to include lobby chat, and if that system will be hooked into an IRC channel on the UplinkIRC server.

And uh, the plugins are being worked on. :)

Jelco

- Douglas Adams
Imeanunoharm
level1
level1

Postby Imeanunoharm » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:21 am

While implementing this giant addition, I stumbled across an incredibly stupid mistake in the score script. I'm sorry to say that this is a mistake in a rather vital component of the script which has been in there from the beginning. Fortunately, it doesn't seem to have had an extreme effect on the scores - the huge number of matches probably compensated for the mistake. The summary is: if you find you have shifted significantly, it's because of this fix.

My deepest apologies to the community for letting this bug go unnoticed for so long. I hope the new custom boards feature is enough to make up for it.

I've been away for a bit and thought I might check back in.

Sooooo, ummmm, *dootdedootdedoooo* there was a mistake that, from what you say here, might have had a more pronounced effect on the scores during the earlier stages of the ladder?

I accept your apology. ;) :P :)

The customs boards are really very very good though. Well done. I particularly like how you can check ladder ranks based on game type. That is cool.
jelco
level5
level5

Postby jelco » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:32 pm

Imeanunoharm wrote:Sooooo, ummmm, *dootdedootdedoooo* there was a mistake that, from what you say here, might have had a more pronounced effect on the scores during the earlier stages of the ladder?

Yes, indeed. Sorry about that. ;)

Just put the plugins live: a Firefox addon and an Opera widget are now available at http://plugins.multiwinia-ladder.net. This page is also linked to from the collection of links in the right sidebar.

Jelco

- Douglas Adams
jelco
level5
level5

Postby jelco » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:48 pm

Cyan has once again been banned for 24 hours (both by IP and account), this time because he was having fun toying around with the Forgot Password feature and filling in xander's username. (Posted here because I don't deem it newspost-worthy but wanted to note it publicly nonetheless.)

Jelco

- Douglas Adams
Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:32 am

xander wrote:
Major Cooke wrote:Rickroll... Such bullshit these days... XD

We need a crash cart in here NOW! Major Cooke is suffering from a massive lack of humour! If we don't do something now, we are going to lose him!

xander

Make it 2 and then I'll be alright. Not to mention, multiwinians yelling LEEEEEEEROOOOOOOOOOOY... JEEEEEENKIIIIIIINS after launching grenades also cheers me up.

Edit: Also, why does Cyan continue to hang around your servers?... if he's going to constantly harass people like he has been doing (I won't say who I am ingame, I change it constantly and keep my identity hidden), I seriously think he should just leave...
jelco
level5
level5

Postby jelco » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:20 pm

Minor update to the graphs. The matches per hour and matches per day graphs now use the same scale for the overall and ranked-only graphs, which makes them somewhat easier to compare to each other. :)

EDIT: Second change of today. Taking some advice from elDiablo and shinygerbil following Cyan's resetting of xander's password, the Forgot Password feature has been changed into a two-step system. Upon requesting a password reset, a link is now mailed to you, and only after that link is clicked will your password be reset. Your new password will follow in a second e-mail. This ensures that any attempts at abusing the system will not result in unrequested resets.

Jelco

- Douglas Adams
jelco
level5
level5

Postby jelco » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:58 pm

Sorry for these technical fits guys, the downtime of today has just ended.

Jelco

- Douglas Adams
jelco
level5
level5

Postby jelco » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:16 pm

The Ladder is currently down due to an issue with Dedwinia (you might have noticed very few deds showing up in the server list). I can't promise you we'll have it up and running again before tomorrow afternoon.

EDIT: Alright, the problem appeared more severe than it really was, and the Ladder is up and running again. The dedicated servers however, will not be running for another while because of some issues with Dedwinia. More news will follow with regards to this matter.

Jelco

- Douglas Adams

Return to “Mods and Maps”