The Official Unofficial Multiwinia Ladder

Working on new maps for Multiwinia? Discuss!

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:59 am

Imeanunoharm wrote:Can you even turn off sudden death on ranked servers? Taht would get rid of the "ties" column.

How? With no sudden death, if a game ends on a tie, it stops there as a tie. If sudden death is enabled, the game continues with the two players in the tie until one scores (or approx 5 mins, at which point it declares a winner), thus removing the chance of a tied game. Having sudden death enabled reduces the number of games that end in ties.

NeoThermic
Imeanunoharm
level1
level1

Postby Imeanunoharm » Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:48 am

I meant players on ranked servers can't turn off sudden death, thus making it such that there are no ties, thus making the column superfluous. I wasn't 100% sure if players could or could not.
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:50 am

Really the point is, there are going to be so few ties, do we really even need to see ties on the main listing anyway? I mean sure keep track of the stat, but uh, it just doesn't seem worthwhile right now.
-- The GoldFish - member of former GIT and commander in chief of GALLAHAD. You could have done something, but it's been fixed. The end. Also, play bestgameever!
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:40 am

The server admins can decide to disable sudden death on ranked servers, just like all other settings. And in theory, any RR match can end in a tie if two players start their fully fuelled, manned and undamaged rocket at the same time. I think. It may be that the game picks a winner anyway, obviously I haven't seen it happen yet :)
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:55 pm

Further to the stats question, and because all you hear on xander's profile is "Can't you play something else?", what about how many ranked matches of each mode users have played/won? I do realise this would never fit on the leaderboard.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:47 pm

This doesn't fit the description too well. I'm not interested in the ones they do play, but the ones they don't.
Imeanunoharm
level1
level1

Postby Imeanunoharm » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:40 am

So that was the rating period transition? I must say very little actually happened as far as I can tell. Did anyone actually move about? With the amount of games played last week and the ladder in it's infancy as far as people's strengths being similar during that week, I would have expected quite a shuffle as the new strengths came into play? I think I'm confused again :)
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:35 am

As far as I understand it, the scores displayed all the time before have been the same they would have been at the end of the rating period if no further games had been played. So no wonder there was no big change. The change is to come: now, you get a higher reward for beating players with a higher rank than before. So, everyone jump on xander :)
Imeanunoharm
level1
level1

Postby Imeanunoharm » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:11 am

So how was the ladder sorted/ranked originally if everyone started on 1500? First to play a game (and win)?
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:16 am

It was unsorted, of course :) And empty.
Imeanunoharm
level1
level1

Postby Imeanunoharm » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:29 am

Nice one smarty pants. :P

What I mean is, how did some people that have much fewer wins than others early on get such high scores/ratings early in the peice (ie rating period 1&2)? I mean everyone was equal strength, so how do they rate high if they have few wins? *Me looks at Chewbacca. :?*
aldaris
level1
level1

Postby aldaris » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:18 pm

Why am I not getting my validation email?
MaximusBrood
level4
level4

Postby MaximusBrood » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:28 pm

aldaris wrote:Why am I not getting my validation email?

I just checked the mail logs for you, and Gmail accepted the activation mail.
Jelco will shortly send it again, in case Google really lost it.

If it landed in your spam folder, please tell so here.
Lelouch
level1
level1

Postby Lelouch » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:46 am

Sorry if this was already asked but how often does ingame rank gets updated? I mean the one that is showing when you join ladder supported server?
MarvintheParanoidAndroid
level3
level3

Postby MarvintheParanoidAndroid » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:36 pm

Fairly minor thing: would it be possible for the colours used to label each gametype (on the Game Modes and Game Modes per Day graphs) to be consistent between the two graphs? On the Game Modes per Day graph, everyone appears to have the same colours for each mode (Dom - blue, CTS - red, KotH - green, etc), but I can't see any pattern as to which mode gets which colour on the other graph - it appears to be different for everyone.

Return to “Mods and Maps”