Assault victory glitch

Get community help for technical problems

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

Shwart!!
level5
level5

Assault victory glitch

Postby Shwart!! » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:55 am

So I was playing a game of Assault, on the 'Last Stand' 2v2 map. With the attackers on the defenders' home island, and holding 2 of the panels, the defenders secured the third one- and destroyed the WMD.

There is no possibility that the attackers actually took it- I was looking directly at the point when the defenders captured it.

Shwart!!
Xaiier
level1
level1

Postby Xaiier » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:59 am

had they taken the other two dishes?

there doesn't seem to be anything coming from the dish there, which could cause it to trigger a win for the other team
Xaiier
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:25 am

while there are plenty of multiwinians around the panel, there doesn't appear to be anyone actually using the panel, the may have got scared away/killed/napalmed
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:06 pm

It could have been a sync error that wasn't detected in time. Unless you were the server, then it just doesn't make sense.
Shwart!!
level5
level5

Postby Shwart!! » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:11 pm

@Xaiier: The attackers must hold all the dishes to win, regardless of whether the defenders hold a dish.
Also, there is no beam being emitted because the game is over; the WMD was already destroyed.

@elexis: Look again. The points are lit up green. It's hard to see, but they're there. As I said, it was when I reclaimed the 3rd panel that the attackers won.

@Neatnit: A sync error wouldn't cause an issue of that nature; the different sides would win at different times. Plus, I was indeed the server.

The series of events is a bit confusing; but basically, the attackers took dishes 1 and 3 first, leaving 2 in the hands of the defence. When a reinforcement wave arrived, I sent them at dish 1, taking it offline. Reds held one side of the dish, greens the other. There were only 6 reds and 25 greens there.
The attackers soon attacked dish 2, and took it easily, but were unable to redirect to dish 1 before my next reinforcement wave. I then completely captured dish 1, which falsely triggered the destruction of the WMD.

Shwart!!

Return to “Windows Troubleshooting”