syncerror

Get community help for technical problems

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

binguin
level0

syncerror

Postby binguin » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:51 pm

Hello :D
I played a littel game of stick-man slaughter game today.. Until this happened. Syncerror! Bu-du-bu-duum.!
Anyway. The game told me to post a .txt fil somewhere in this forum. And that what I'm doing now :D. The game also told me to remember what the anme of the server was, but I've forgot that.

Here is the content of the file syncerror-2009-12--21-30-55-client8-team1.txt:

*Long useless text file here*

A bit long isn't it? I really hopes this help making the game better ;)
Last edited by binguin on Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:16 pm

In Multiwinia, each client simulates the entire game. Each client then gives each of the other clients information about what inputs it has received so that all of the clients are doing the same thing. The clients also send packets of information that describe the current game state as that client sees it. If two clients disagree about the game state, then a sync error occurs. The sync log you have posted gives information about what your client thinks the game state should be. Without the sync logs of other players, your sync log doesn't do a lot of good. So, for future reference, if you are going to post a sync log, you need to make sure that everyone else you are playing with posts one as well. Without that, the sync log doesn't help much.

So, I applaud you for reading the directions given to you by the dedicated server, and I am sure that IV appreciate your perseverance, but without the other sync logs, it was kind of a waste of your time.

xander
cheesemoo0
level3
level3

Postby cheesemoo0 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:02 am

Well explained xander.
binguin
level0

Postby binguin » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:15 am

xander wrote:In Multiwinia, each client simulates the entire game. Each client then gives each of the other clients information about what inputs it has received so that all of the clients are doing the same thing. The clients also send packets of information that describe the current game state as that client sees it. If two clients disagree about the game state, then a sync error occurs. The sync log you have posted gives information about what your client thinks the game state should be. Without the sync logs of other players, your sync log doesn't do a lot of good. So, for future reference, if you are going to post a sync log, you need to make sure that everyone else you are playing with posts one as well. Without that, the sync log doesn't help much.

So, I applaud you for reading the directions given to you by the dedicated server, and I am sure that IV appreciate your perseverance, but without the other sync logs, it was kind of a waste of your time.

xander

It's the same system like in Defcon right?.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:27 pm

Yes, I believe that the concept is basically the same.

xander

Return to “Windows Troubleshooting”