Black screen when I try to play the tutorial

Get community help for technical problems

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco

multimania
level2
level2

Postby multimania » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:51 am

The problem looks more network related to me -- the "CLIENT identity unknown" messages imply that there is difficulty working out the IP address.

Make sure multiwinia is not blocked in any firewalls (primarily local ones, like the Windows Firewall that's part of vista). If that doesn't work, try disabling network adaptors.

Of course, the client is sending data to the server correctly -- the problem seems more like the data not getting back.
unit684
level1
level1

Postby unit684 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:22 am

I have Zone Alarm, which I know can be very troublesome in some cases. It is thew free version. I had a look in program control and Multiwinia has full access with all four things ticked.

Windows Firewall is turned off.
multimania wrote:The problem looks more network related to me -- the "CLIENT identity unknown" messages imply that there is difficulty working out the IP address.

Make sure multiwinia is not blocked in any firewalls (primarily local ones, like the Windows Firewall that's part of vista). If that doesn't work, try disabling network adaptors.

Of course, the client is sending data to the server correctly -- the problem seems more like the data not getting back.

Also here is my system specs from dxdiag:

Code: Select all

Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Basic (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1 (6001.vistasp1_gdr.080917-1612)
           Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: DIXONSXP
       System Model: Ei 206
               BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
          Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) D CPU 3.46GHz, ~3.5GHz
             Memory: 1534MB RAM
          Page File: 1201MB used, 2123MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 10
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
     DxDiag Version: 6.00.6001.18000 32bit Unicode

This is just the first bit of my dxdiag. I have the rest of it saved to my desktop and could upload it if needed.

Also I am running the game in 1280x1024 which is the normal resolution I have windows set to. I have tried running in different resolutions and running it windowed and it doesn't make a difference.

Removing the graphics card drivers and reinstalling them didn't make a difference either.

Does anyone think it is worth asking Introversion again or contacting steam?
Vladster
level0

Postby Vladster » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:12 am

Hi there. I have the same problem with Multiwinia. The issue happens with my new computer (the older ones works perfectly)
Weird thing is that Darwinia and Defcon work perfectly... ?

I was wondering if a solution ever came up for this ....

Thanks in advance

Return to “Windows Troubleshooting”