New update broke some xbox controller functionality.

Get community help for technical problems

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

conman420
level0

New update broke some xbox controller functionality.

Postby conman420 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:25 pm

As you probably all know the new update was released for steam, great I thought but I'm having some trouble with my xbox controller, some things that used to work no longer do which isnt ideal.

First of all I can't make officers move their formations anymore, it just doesn't want to move them no matter what I press. It works fine with the mouse but I like using the xbox controller for this.

Another bug that has been annoying me is that as soon as any of the joysticks are at 0 - as in im not touching them - the game assumes that I'm using the mouse now which is very annoying now because the new update changes the powerup HUD if you are using a controller so every second when I stop touching any of the buttons on my xbox controller the powerup HUD changes position which is really annoying.

Just some minor annoyancs but the officer bug makes this game unplayable on a controller.

Anyone else got this?
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:51 pm

Testing now.

By the way, is it possible that when the thumb sticks and shoulder triggers are zeroed, you're moving the mouse/pressing keyboard keys?

Edit: Damn, can't find wired 360 controller.
conman420
level0

Postby conman420 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:21 pm

hmm.. I doubt it, the swapping input type happens on both my desktop and laptop so it is unlikely that they are both doing that.
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:23 pm

Works fine for me. As long as I keep the mouse still and don't touch the keyboard, the UI is the XBox one. Formations can be moved with either X or A, where accitentally clicking X on the officer itself will of course change its mode.

Return to “Windows Troubleshooting”