Graphic glitch

Get community help for technical problems

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

Helios 36
level1
level1

Graphic glitch

Postby Helios 36 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:05 pm

Hi everyone im new here and I am getting this weird glitch. Sometimes when I play on singleplayer or multyplayer on Multiwinia I get this glitch Image and the game freezes for a bit then starts up again and sometimes when it starts to run again everything is moving faster including the timer :? .

Edit: The drivers are up to date.
Last edited by Helios 36 on Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:54 pm

I suspect they're too different problems, occuring at the same time (because of high system load).

The first issue of stretched landscape could be due to your card overheating, or it might just be faulty, or even buggy drivers. What graphics card do you have? When did you last update the drivers?

If you're absolutely certain no-one picked up a "Speed Up" power up (;)), the second problem is caused by pinging out. Are you going below 10 FPS? If so, I would recommend lowing Multiwinia's graphics options.
Helios 36
level1
level1

Postby Helios 36 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:10 pm

It doesnt look like im getting that glitch any more so I think my graphics card (7600 GT) was just overheating. As for the speed "glitch" I was getting I think the other team just got the "speed up" power up.
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:47 pm

I did get the same effect on my poor GeForce2Go, Omega drivers and several games. Odd polygons + a short freezer. Can't remember whether it was in Multiwina, though, but it was definitely to be blamed on the driver or the hardware.
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:20 pm

Yeah I was about to comment; this looks exactly like GPU Ram errors. (caused by heat or overclocking too hard) - probaby fixable by giving your GPU heatsink a dust...
-- The GoldFish - member of former GIT and commander in chief of GALLAHAD. You could have done something, but it's been fixed. The end. Also, play bestgameever!
Helios 36
level1
level1

Postby Helios 36 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:45 pm

The GoldFish wrote: probaby fixable by giving your GPU heatsink a dust...
I should do that cause I actualy never dusted the inside of my computer before. You guys are probobly shoked. How often should I dust/clean the inside of my computer?
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:12 pm

Pretty much whenever you this sort of thing happening is a good indicator.
-- The GoldFish - member of former GIT and commander in chief of GALLAHAD. You could have done something, but it's been fixed. The end. Also, play bestgameever!
Helios 36
level1
level1

Postby Helios 36 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:07 pm

I think another reason why I was getting those glitchs was because there was to much stuff installed on my C drive. My computer screen was flickering out of control yesterday because of this. I couldnt even do anything when it starts doing that. I had to uninstall some of my game quickly before it started up again. I had to restart my computer a couple of times to actually do this. Thankfully It isnt doing that anymore :D .
MaximusBrood
level4
level4

Postby MaximusBrood » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:42 pm

Not having enough space on your hard drive can't make your screen flicker "out of control".
And I'm sure it stopped after you freed some space, but that would be a line of thinking most commonly used to explain God or other supernatural powers (which both do not exist, mind you).

Return to “Windows Troubleshooting”