Windows 7 and the future of PoE?

Post your ideas on where the future evolution of Multiwinia should lead

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco

dixita
level0

Windows 7 and the future of PoE?

Postby dixita » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:24 am

I couldn't decide where to put this, so feel free to move it.

As a Windows 7 user I'm beginning to feel a little concerned about the future of PoE on this platform. With the introduction of DX11 and the subsequent patches, especially 2.5.2, which adds features unsupported by the Windows 7 DX feature level, there's been an endless stream of problems with the game. We've had major graphical glitches, pretty serious performance issues and even game overlays, like RTSS not working.

Granted, some of these issues can be worked around by using additional command line parameters or switching to one of the DX9 clients, but these options are less than ideal. For some, myself included, the DX9 clients are unusable.

I understand you have to prioritise development for the newer platforms but I'd really like to know what may be in store for us in the near future, is it more of the same? Are we going to be relegated to the DX9 clients?

For what it's worth, the last two days I've played the game, on the same PC, under Windows 7 and Windows 10, with none of the issues outlined above being present under Windows 10. The difference is almost night and day and it has nothing to do with Windows 10 being a better gaming platform.

So, are we Windows 7 users now persona non grata, relegated to the corner to be seen and not heard?

Return to “The Future”