level4
level4

Beyond formations

Postby GreenRock » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:33 am

An newly promoted officer can do four things:

-move itself
-move troops to given location
-order multiwinians into a formation in front of it
-"cover" multiwinians (supposedly, enemy multiwinians prefferably shoot officers rather than regular troops (according to myst, that is))

Instead of branching off on one of these, why not invent a whole new mechanic available to the newly promoted officer?
The Daemons
level2
level2

Postby The Daemons » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:43 am

I'm not sure about the fourth one, but I've suggested a few times about adding new officer functions. My idea was maybe a new type of formation that isn't just a rectangle.
GreenRock
level4
level4

Postby GreenRock » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:03 am

The Daemons wrote:I'm not sure about the fourth one, but I've suggested a few times about adding new officer functions. My idea was maybe a new type of formation that isn't just a rectangle.

even though thats kinda branching off the formation scheme, it will somehow add to the strategy.
Ive been up all night thinking up examples, but all of them have the core ideas of the 4 mechanics.

examples:
-an officer who acts like a launch pad. (throwing multiwinians in the ocean FTW)
-a "tower" mechanic where an officer orders multiwinians to raise him high into the sky. (as the tower advances onwards, enemy multiwinians can only shoot the one on the bottom, and as this continues, the tower gets shorter and shorter. however, when the invasion target has been reached, disable this officer, and an onslaught of falling multiwinians attack the area)
The Daemons
level2
level2

Postby The Daemons » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:09 am

Those are both pretty cool ideas, the second one seems like it would take a while to program and then implement into the game, but still cool nonetheless. Although, enemy MW's would be able to shoot at any of the stacked MW's because they can shoot at things that are in the air, like air-strike bombers, nukes, and even meteors.

Return to “The Future”