Sharing Servers?

Post your ideas on where the future evolution of Multiwinia should lead

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

Would cyan ruin all the d+ peoples time on mw?

yes
67%
no
33%

Total votes: 6
Patrolman Smith
level1
level1

Sharing Servers?

Postby Patrolman Smith » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:41 am

A new turret type just popped into my head!... im kidding. I was wondering if MW and D+ are going to be able to share servers? If they aren't I'd understand the challenge it would be but should be pursued. It would be very rewrding for MW and D+ players alike and would help MW sell better and help sell D+ unless cyan calls them all noobs.
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:13 am

I hope pc users will be able to play with D+ users.

I don't think your poll was necessary though.
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:02 am

Semi-educated guess: no, won't happen. While the details are semi-secret and probably covered by NDA after NDA, it seems like XBox games are more or less forced to use the LIVE network (Exceptions being MMOs). It's part of that 'Gold membership required for Multiplayer' marketing stuff. And LIVE is deeply incompatible with the way the game works on the Mac. It's possible to use Games For Windows LIVE, which is compatible with XBox LIVE, but still, that leaves the Mac out, and it seems to be available only to very special MS partners anyway, judging by the almost vanishing number of games that have come out over the past three years using it.
So either way, a special touch with MS is required to make this happen. IV's relations with MS are generally good, so all is not hopeless; but personally, I'm not holding my breath.
Patrolman Smith
level1
level1

necessary

Postby Patrolman Smith » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:59 pm

is calling unecessary things unecessary necessary? well i find polls to be more of a gimmick so i might as well have fun with them. Yes after thinking it over this is most likely not to happen unless MS people all fall in love with linux programmers. Since MW did not run on the windows live network in the first place this is probabably not going to happen, it would probably be harder to share servers than to make a brand new game. Im hoping though :)
Patrolman Smith
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:45 pm

MS people all fall in love with linux programmers

This made me LOL big time!

And the poll exists solely to flame one person and provides no interesting or relevant information to the thread or the forum.
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:13 pm

I believe me and smithers are the only one that voted yes :(, who the fuck voted no?!!! Come on, you all know me better then THAT! Afcourse I will. What else is there to do?!
Phelanpt
level5
level5

Postby Phelanpt » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:59 pm

'Twas me.

Though I agree with bert that it isn't likely that the two versions will play together, I don't think you would ruin their time on mw.
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:31 am

Scary thought: Jordy may already have or specifically get an XBox for D+ :shock:
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:14 am

And the worst that could happen is that you don't wear your headset in those matches.
GreenRock
level4
level4

Postby GreenRock » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:00 pm

bert_the_turtle wrote:Scary thought: Jordy may already have or specifically get an XBox for D+ :shock:

Theres too many people like cyan already on xbox live. XD
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:42 pm

I have one, and yes, a headset is Ideal for me.

Return to “The Future”