World weather

Post your ideas on where the future evolution of Multiwinia should lead

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

GreenRock
level4
level4

World weather

Postby GreenRock » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:41 pm

Wouldnt it be cool to have a world map of all the multiwinia maps? The person with the most wins on any map would be the dominant ruler of the area. This would encourage all the levels to be played. When i thought of this, i thought of a "google earth" type of layout, and when i thought of THIS i thought that weather could be displayed. Then it could affect all the maps, the weather i mean, with dust devils, lightning, and maybe a few more weather mechanics....
Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:45 pm

No. Not a good idea in my opinion, at all. Why would you want to have rulers of the world, most notorious being Stalin and Hitler? We really don't need people commanding the world like it's an MMORPG...
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:22 pm

Well, I think fair amount of people would like a ruler like Cyan.
Krion112
level2
level2

Postby Krion112 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:23 pm

Fair amount of people, as in.... 1?
Kuth
level4
level4

Postby Kuth » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:52 pm

How does a world conquest map have anything to do with the weather?

The world conquest map is an interesting idea, but it does take away from the 'anywhere, anytime' feeling that Multiwinia has now. Making a world map would mean pigeon-holing the scope of the war and the strength of the various factions. Leaving it dubious pleases the playerbase since they can assume their favorite color is winning, loosing, or whatever.

Weather, in terms of cyclones, 'snow', lightning and volcanoes and such, I think would be neat to have on a given map. In the setup one can select a specific weather condition, 'random', or none, and have to fight in those conditions. Then again, it would take away from the character of some maps (Like Scorched Earth, which is defined by the random blasts of lightning frying some MWs).

Return to “The Future”