Evilwinia's playable?

Post your ideas on where the future evolution of Multiwinia should lead

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco

Wounded
level0
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:29 pm

Evilwinia's playable?

Postby Wounded » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:17 am

I am aware this topic will most likely end up with things like "This is a stupid topic,".
The reason I am throw this idea out is just to spark everyone's imagination.
So my question is , what if the Evilwinia's were a playable 'race'.
Of course they are overpowered which I'm sure you all would agree if they were but, if they were nerf'd as a playable race. This is how I look at it.
Crate Wise: The infection crate would counter act the reinforcement crate , though the infected have more crates that help them then are a disadvantage. Some crates include ant's nest( two in this case) Soul destroyer's , virill, and those pods I can't remember the names to. This is a huge disadvantage and i'm sure there are more. So this is what I think. The Evilwinians do not benefit from most of the crates like magical forest, harvester, air strike, and many other types of crates.
Soul destroyer- a very aggressive and more of alone wolf than other virill. They fend for there own( not controllable) but, they do not attack their own.
Ant's- They tend to there own. They do not attack the Evilwinians due to they are infected multiwinias. (uncontrollable but neutral,).
Spiders- Slow but, powerful creates among the infected. There ability to lay eggs to make virill and attack in great strides makes them a powerful enemy at a cost. It takes fifty Evilwinians to form a spider due to they can travel any terrain and have a large amount of health. They cannot travel along water.
Pods- usually three or two at a time , fire eggs that spawn random creatures that are the infection. They cannot be place within a radius of the enemy team. They now hatch evilwinias more commonly than other creatures. This is the evilwinians basic spawn point. They can be placed anywhere on the map and are good for holding the lines.
Infection crates: These are the spawn points of the infected. Instead , infected creates have learned how to 'spawn' evilwinians according to the timer ( I believe its every 30 seconds) Threw storing a large amount of souls. When the souls are emptied they rely on virill or other infected to bring back souls to the infected crate. The infected crate is rare. It does not appear out of the sky like most crates, so once it is destroyed, it is gone for good and the other team has won. The infected crate has a large amount of health and is hard to destroy. Airstrikes do not kill the crate due to the infection quickly takes over the air strike units, reprogramming them to self destruct. the infected crate can be destroy with lasers as well as explosives. Though due to storing souls , the infection finds it more difficult to infect large amounts of Multiwinians around it.
Centipede: Quick and powerful. They can be controlled and very fast. They can travel along any type of terrain but water. It takes 30 Evilwinians to make these at a weaker state and 50 at a stronger state. The more the centipede kills the larger it gets. ( every 25-50 kills it grows a body part larger).
Flying pods- A battle reinforment unit. They fly around slowly carrying a large amount of egg's to reinforce the infected. Once a egg is filled it creates viril and other creatures.If a pod is near a lot of souls and goes unharmed for two minutes it will stop and start to create a larger egg. After a minute it hatch a larger creature ( centipede , spider, ect.) Pods are barely harmed by laser but they do a small amount of damage to them now. They can be controlled.
Engineer: A infected engineer program can heal the infected crate. Though they are unstable and slow. They are weak so they cannot take many lasers. It can also pick up souls and bring them back to any spawn point or the infected crate.

Infected respawn time is reduce to other respawn time, though the evilwinians have evolved to having officers as well now as well as grenades. They cannot benefit from rocket crates. once the infect reach a certain amount of infect the infected crate manages this by stop and making sure that it does not use all its infected at once. Infected can take spawn points which increases its amount on the field. If the infected crate is destroyed powerful creatures will become 'dumb' and weaked. Evilwinians will lose there officers and will have to be controlled manually.

If the evilwinians have no spawn point or infected crate. The area is cleansed. and the other team wins. If the other team has no spawn point , the infected wins. This could also be a new game mode call Cleansing. Or can just be placed as another team. Two teams against the infected and so on. Sure to encourage a co-op feel for the two going against the infected player.

Or even a survival feeling going one on one with the evilwinians. Or that sweet feeling of victory when its three against one. the larger the odds against the infected the powerful they are makeing them a more balanced and hard team to defeat and will require the three , two or just one to have a challange. Of course this is just a idea that can be toyed with to make it more balanced.

I apologies for making this is long and boring. and seem like endless text. :?
Cyan.
level3
level3
Posts: 377
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:37 pm

Postby Cyan. » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:46 am

It will not just end with that sentence it will start and end with that sentence at the same time: this is a stupid topic!

EDIT: just so you know, I didn't even read your stupid article, because the beginning was too lame..
User avatar
jelco
level5
level5
Posts: 6018
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:45 am
Location: Cygnus X-1
Contact:

Postby jelco » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:56 am

Cyan. wrote:It will not just end with that sentence it will start and end with that sentence at the same time: this is a stupid topic!

EDIT: just so you know, I didn't even read your stupid article, because the beginning was too lame..

Yeah, just fuck off already.

Evilinians are playable (like Futurewinians) if you mess around with the map files a bit, but I believe it worked a little buggily. Generally, I don't think Evilinians would need too much nerfing to be balanced as a playable side.

The question remains though: why? Evilinians and Futurewinians have been made unplayable to make them a bit enigmatic, and to prevent unbalancedness with their special powers. When you nerf them, you either just get a strangely different team or one that exactly resembles all the other playable teams - overall I don't see how it could turn out well. It is tempting to want to play as Evilinians and/or Futurewinians, but I believe part of their mystery cloud is built on the fact that they are unplayable. Compare it to trying to turn a plane into an efficient car: you either end up removing wings and all that so that you are eventually left with just a car like all the others, or you have a really strange and probably not very useful car as a result. It can't really turn out to be productive either way.

So, in summary: I can understand why you'd want to experiment with this, but I'd advise against it.

Jelco
"The ships hung in the sky much the same way that bricks don't."
- Douglas Adams
mail2345
level0
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:25 am

Postby mail2345 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:00 am

Arent' EWs and FWs tied to the team number?
GENERATION 4: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
User avatar
jelco
level5
level5
Posts: 6018
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:45 am
Location: Cygnus X-1
Contact:

Postby jelco » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:09 am

Yes, they are, but you can work around that. Further reading material.

Jelco
"The ships hung in the sky much the same way that bricks don't."

- Douglas Adams
Wounded
level0
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:29 pm

Postby Wounded » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:11 am

jelco wrote:
Cyan. wrote:It will not just end with that sentence it will start and end with that sentence at the same time: this is a stupid topic!

EDIT: just so you know, I didn't even read your stupid article, because the beginning was too lame..

Yeah, just fuck off already.

Evilinians are playable (like Futurewinians) if you mess around with the map files a bit, but I believe it worked a little buggily. Generally, I don't think Evilinians would need too much nerfing to be balanced as a playable side.

The question remains though: why? Evilinians and Futurewinians have been made unplayable to make them a bit enigmatic, and to prevent unbalancedness with their special powers. When you nerf them, you either just get a strangely different team or one that exactly resembles all the other playable teams - overall I don't see how it could turn out well. It is tempting to want to play as Evilinians and/or Futurewinians, but I believe part of their mystery cloud is built on the fact that they are unplayable. Compare it to trying to turn a plane into an efficient car: you either end up removing wings and all that so that you are eventually left with just a car like all the others, or you have a really strange and probably not very useful car as a result. It can't really turn out to be productive either way.

So, in summary: I can understand why you'd want to experiment with this, but I'd advise against it.

Jelco

Nice analogy. I agree, Trying to balance them would be completely changed them and removing the players view on there mysterious history. And Cyan I can tell you have a lot of friends in life (Insert sarcasm here). I merely di this to throw out some idea's though I do agree with you Jelco. It merely to see what everyone thinks about the topic. Even though this is my first post. :) . So lets not flame about how everyone hates the idea. If you really are annoyed by it be mature about it :).
Cyan.
level3
level3
Posts: 377
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:37 pm

Postby Cyan. » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:25 am

jelco wrote:
Cyan. wrote:It will not just end with that sentence it will start and end with that sentence at the same time: this is a stupid topic!

EDIT: just so you know, I didn't even read your stupid article, because the beginning was too lame..

Yeah, just fuck off already.

Evilinians are playable (like Futurewinians) if you mess around with the map files a bit, but I believe it worked a little buggily. Generally, I don't think Evilinians would need too much nerfing to be balanced as a playable side.

The question remains though: why? Evilinians and Futurewinians have been made unplayable to make them a bit enigmatic, and to prevent unbalancedness with their special powers. When you nerf them, you either just get a strangely different team or one that exactly resembles all the other playable teams - overall I don't see how it could turn out well. It is tempting to want to play as Evilinians and/or Futurewinians, but I believe part of their mystery cloud is built on the fact that they are unplayable. Compare it to trying to turn a plane into an efficient car: you either end up removing wings and all that so that you are eventually left with just a car like all the others, or you have a really strange and probably not very useful car as a result. It can't really turn out to be productive either way.

So, in summary: I can understand why you'd want to experiment with this, but I'd advise against it.

Jelco
]


Stupid fuck you are you say exactly the same as me only more polite.
User avatar
xander
level5
level5
Posts: 16863
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:41 pm
Location: Riverside, CA, USA
Contact:

Postby xander » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:51 am

Cyan. wrote:Stupid fuck you are you say exactly the same as me only more polite.

In case you were wondering, posts like the above are pretty much the reason that most people here dislike you.

xander
Wounded
level0
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:29 pm

Postby Wounded » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:57 am

Cyan. wrote:
jelco wrote:
Cyan. wrote:It will not just end with that sentence it will start and end with that sentence at the same time: this is a stupid topic!

EDIT: just so you know, I didn't even read your stupid article, because the beginning was too lame..

Yeah, just fuck off already.

Evilinians are playable (like Futurewinians) if you mess around with the map files a bit, but I believe it worked a little buggily. Generally, I don't think Evilinians would need too much nerfing to be balanced as a playable side.

The question remains though: why? Evilinians and Futurewinians have been made unplayable to make them a bit enigmatic, and to prevent unbalancedness with their special powers. When you nerf them, you either just get a strangely different team or one that exactly resembles all the other playable teams - overall I don't see how it could turn out well. It is tempting to want to play as Evilinians and/or Futurewinians, but I believe part of their mystery cloud is built on the fact that they are unplayable. Compare it to trying to turn a plane into an efficient car: you either end up removing wings and all that so that you are eventually left with just a car like all the others, or you have a really strange and probably not very useful car as a result. It can't really turn out to be productive either way.

So, in summary: I can understand why you'd want to experiment with this, but I'd advise against it.

Jelco
]


Stupid fuck you are you say exactly the same as me only more polite.



No , he gave his response. He read threw it and gave his opinion on it which i respect. He didn't yell like some three year old named Cyan " I hate topic End". A little politeness and Proper english goes a long way. Please go back on topic
User avatar
Major Cooke
level4
level4
Posts: 664
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:35 am

Postby Major Cooke » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:30 am

Cyan. wrote:It will not just end with that sentence it will start and end with that sentence at the same time: this is a stupid topic!

EDIT: just so you know, I didn't even read your stupid article, because the beginning was too lame..


Well your a little dick now ain't ya...

I'm actually quite interested on learning how to play future/evilwinians... Please, explain more. :D
RabidZombie
level5
level5
Posts: 2413
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:09 pm

Postby RabidZombie » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:39 am

Set an assault map to 6 teams, play with the team settings until it works.
Cyan.
level3
level3
Posts: 377
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:37 pm

Postby Cyan. » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:22 pm

xander wrote:
Cyan. wrote:Stupid fuck you are you say exactly the same as me only more polite.

In case you were wondering, posts like the above are pretty much the reason that most people here dislike you.

xander


You are kidding me..? I thoughed only you disliked me :( :wink: . In real life I am a very nice person tho, and I can be nice in chats and such, only why should I be nice here? We differ to much anyway to be friends
User avatar
xander
level5
level5
Posts: 16863
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:41 pm
Location: Riverside, CA, USA
Contact:

Postby xander » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:24 pm

Cyan. wrote:You are kidding me..? I thoughed only you disliked me :( :wink: . In real life I am a very nice person tho, and I can be nice in chats and such, only why should I be nice here? We differ to much anyway to be friends

You really are an idiot, aren't you? If you are not an asshole in real life, why do you choose to be an asshole on the internet? Do you think that your anonymity give you some kind of excuse to be a dick? Is that it?

xander
User avatar
Major Cooke
level4
level4
Posts: 664
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:35 am

Postby Major Cooke » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:10 pm

Cyan. wrote:
xander wrote:
Cyan. wrote:Stupid fuck you are you say exactly the same as me only more polite.

In case you were wondering, posts like the above are pretty much the reason that most people here dislike you.

xander


You are kidding me..? I thoughed only you disliked me :( :wink: . In real life I am a very nice person tho, and I can be nice in chats and such, only why should I be nice here? We differ to much anyway to be friends


Well, when you go around calling people "stupid fucks", it only makes YOU look like a twat! Aka you fucked up bad by throwing random insults in here.

Smooth move, slick. I applaud your stupidity.
Cyan.
level3
level3
Posts: 377
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:37 pm

Postby Cyan. » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:25 pm

thank you cooke :), xander you are completely right, here on the forum I give space to my alter ego 8) . Seriously tho, I have no hard feelings against anyone, it's just why be insulted by some guy sitting behind is computer writing stupid things? I don't know how come I was disliked in the first place, but I do know it started with you xander maybe you can tell me what post made you so upset to begin disliking me?

Return to “The Future”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests