Let them alight and let them burn!

Post your ideas on where the future evolution of Multiwinia should lead

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

Killjoy
level1
level1

Let them alight and let them burn!

Postby Killjoy » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:55 pm

Soul Destroyers plague the land, with gun turrets being the main weapon of choice at tackling the Sound Destroyer threat!
The Rocket Turret is too slow at firing, and the Flame Turret has no affect! So... Let them alight, please patch this and allow the flame turret to set the Soul Destroyers on Fire for a truly amazing special effect!

I think they should burn for 30 seconds, setting everything on fire it fly's into, (all kinds of trees), Multiwinains, etc...

While on the topic of Fire and Flames, what about flame throwing Multiwinians? we have lasers, rockets, grenade's... having a power up like Hot feat, where you select a small number of Multiwinians, enable them to have flame throwers for 30seconds or so, friendly fire applies, so careful application of this power up is paramount to using to successfully.

Comments, Opinions, and Suggestions are all welcome please!
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:12 pm

I am inclined to disagree. Soul destroyers can be a pain in the ass, but they are relatively rare (they only come from eggs, which only come from egg crates or triffids; and they are not the most common thing to hatch from eggs). Also, they only really appear as a penalty (either from dropped eggs, which you might be placing in a place that you want to hold; or from triffids, which are placed automatically). I don't see any reason to change them.

xander
mr_shoe_uk
level1
level1

Postby mr_shoe_uk » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:13 pm

Hm, pretty cool ideas. Much chaos would certainly ensue, but it already does with soul destroyers.

Multiwinians with flamethrowers... that would need playtesting, it might become just too chaotic.
Killjoy
level1
level1

Postby Killjoy » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:29 pm

Well even if they are rare, having the enemy throw eggs at you while your otherwise indisposed only to have an SD pop out at you really does make things very hard work, this helps either team rid the world of a Soul Destroyer, and what better way to do it than set the thing on fire and watch Multiwinians of all races scream in terror at a flaming soul destroyer. :D

Thanks for the input so far people.

If flamethrowers sounds too chaotic then what about incendiary grenades?
Cooper42
level4
level4

Postby Cooper42 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:52 pm

MWs are already a hazard to themselves enough as it is, there is no need o extend their own weaponry. Grenades are already incendiary, to the extent that they light trees on fire - that's enough fire for me...

And I like it that the virus-infected are not flammable. The flame turret is already enormously powerful in a standard game - without the weakness to virrii, only airstrikes or carbombs would have a real chance.
Whoever you vote for, the government wins.
Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:56 pm

Soul destroyers and flaming trees are best enemies if you ask me. It usually kills one in 10 seconds, give or take a few, depending on how long they keep passing through the flames.
Cooper42
level4
level4

Postby Cooper42 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:13 pm

So, flames do not hurt virii, unless it is flame from burning trees? I haven;t seen this myself, can anyone verify this?
Whoever you vote for, the government wins.
Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:17 pm

Cooper42 wrote:So, flames do not hurt virii, unless it is flame from burning trees? I haven;t seen this myself, can anyone verify this?

Verify'd. Flame from flame turrets doesnt hurt virii. It must be flaming trees.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:57 pm

Major Cooke wrote:
Cooper42 wrote:So, flames do not hurt virii, unless it is flame from burning trees? I haven;t seen this myself, can anyone verify this?

Verify'd. Flame from flame turrets doesnt hurt virii. It must be flaming trees.

I am unable to confirm that flaming trees hurt soul destroyers...

xander

EDIT: I take it back -- after creating a custom map, I discovered that burning trees do, in fact, hurt soul destroyers. However, the amount of damage that is done by burning trees to soul destroyers is negligible -- it took almost five minutes of nearly constant fire (well, as constant as possible -- the forest was set alight as soon as it grew back) to kill a soul destroyer.
Last edited by xander on Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Killjoy
level1
level1

Postby Killjoy » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:15 pm

Thats why I think the Soul Destroyer should be flamable, even if it flew around burning for a whole minute.

Return to “The Future”