For NeoThermic-Ded: Path Order Issue, Item Selection Issue.

Post your ideas on where the future evolution of Multiwinia should lead

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

TomCat39
level3
level3

Postby TomCat39 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:34 pm

This is weird. Bert and I hit one of your demo servers on the KOTH- Pursuit map (way lagged out) and he was able to get his officer to command the MW's into the dish np. And I still could not.

I used the input_preferences override method, not a main.dat repack.

Would having other files in the data/input folder have an affect?

I have input_preferences.txt.bak and input_preferences.txt.org in there at the same time as the modified text file.

The bak is from ultra edit's auto backup and the org is from me extracting the original from the main.dat for referencing.

{Edit} Nevermind. I was typing this up when Bert replied.

It seems it is the execution order of the commands on the dedwinia host.

Thanks Bert, that's awesome that you are going to work a fix. *YaY* \m/ You rock! :D

P.S. I'm not a child though I sure sounded like one with the above statement. :)
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:00 am

Should be fixed in the latest release bert has given us. My server will be updated before it goes up tomorrow.
TomCat39
level3
level3

Postby TomCat39 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:40 am

Sounds great, thanks guys.

I know it wasn't a necessary fix being from what I've read, IV isn't planning on allowing customizable input keys. So in all reality, the only time this issue crops up is with hacking the game files and treating it like config files.

So that being said, I do thank you greatly. At least now I will be able to play all maps on the dedicated servers without worries of sticking to the original Darwinian trainings.

Thanks again,

Tomas
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:31 am

Well, thanks for reporting it and doing such detailed research. It's always a pleasure to actually have some data to work with.
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:56 am

TomCat39 wrote:I know it wasn't a necessary fix being from what I've read, IV isn't planning on allowing customizable input keys.

Don't be so sure. They haven't said there not going to. :P
TomCat39
level3
level3

Postby TomCat39 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:22 am

RabidZombie wrote:
TomCat39 wrote:I know it wasn't a necessary fix being from what I've read, IV isn't planning on allowing customizable input keys.

Don't be so sure. They haven't said there not going to. :P

Ahhh good point, it was purely heresay that I read.

Anyways, on a good note. The fix worked. I've played the map twice on 2 different dedicated servers and had no problems with the left mouse click setup.

Return to “The Future”