Orders and Navigation

Post your ideas on where the future evolution of Multiwinia should lead

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

Shwart!!
level5
level5

Postby Shwart!! » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:40 am

No, let them go on.
Qjet is actually facing xander in discussion and doing decently. It's rather interesting to watch. I'll admit that the topic of the debate is rather irrelevant, but the debate itself seems worth continuing.

Shwart!!
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:32 am

Cyan. wrote:And if I may, I'll like to say that Qjet is right. But may I add to that, that its possible that xander is right instead of qjet?

It isn't about who is right or wrong. The fact is that IV will do what IV want to do. Right now, that means no waypoints. They may change their minds later. This is rather akin to the discussions that people have had about Defcon -- some people want it to me more of a simulation, and less of an arcade game. That isn't going to happen -- such a game would no longer be Defcon -- but such a game might be interesting, and it is, perhaps, worthwhile to discuss in the abstract.

xander
TomCat39
level3
level3

Postby TomCat39 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:32 am

xander wrote:Create an officer from the DGs in the traveling group, shift-click on the location where the DGs are going, give the officer an order. Officers are faster than DGs, so it will get there first. By the time your DGs get there, the officer will be there, too, issuing the next order. All told, it requires an extra two or three clicks of the mouse.

xander

This statement implies you can move officers in Multiwinia. I'd personally like to know how that is done besides moving formations which is slow.

I would love to have my officers cruz to a location before my MW's like they would in Darwinia, but I haven't been able to figure out how to move one outside of formation moves.

I'm assuming DG is short for Darwinian? Being new to the games (less than a week for Darwinia and only 2 days for Multiwinia), I'm struggling with all the acronyms.
Pinky
level2
level2

Postby Pinky » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:38 am

You move officers by holding shift while right clicking.
TomCat39
level3
level3

Postby TomCat39 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:48 am

Pinky wrote:You move officers by holding shift while right clicking.

Thank you, I'll give this a test spin. :)
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:47 pm

TomCat39 wrote:I'm assuming DG is short for Darwinian? Being new to the games (less than a week for Darwinia and only 2 days for Multiwinia), I'm struggling with all the acronyms.

DG stands for Darwinia Guy. Back before they were named as Darwinians, we'd call them DGs. The name just stuck. :P

NeoThermic

Return to “The Future”