Invisibility, artillery and hardcore

Post your ideas on where the future evolution of Multiwinia should lead

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

Kuth
level4
level4

Postby Kuth » Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:28 pm

Invisibility would give a nice tactical edge to the attackers on Assault maps. Finally something to get around those turrets, other than praying for an explosive powerup...only to see your Invaders get shot down, and Nukes to miss their intended targets :(

Only... give it a drawback: Invisi-winians can't fire anything. They move normally, can't be seen by the enemy, but they can't shoot or use grenades until invisibility has expired. Would make for interesting surprises and chaos if they went un-invisible right under an enemy turret- which would cause chaos, but not necessarily the loss of a turret.

Artillery is already present in the form of Airstrikes, meteorites, and Nukes. What do you think Real-Life Airstrikes are? Sure they don't use a gun, but they're still considered artillery.
Cyan.
level3
level3

Postby Cyan. » Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:41 pm

Well the main difference between artillery and airstrikes in my opinion are that artilerry is permanent. You could use it to "block" chokepoints, so kind of like a turret only accuracy is less and when you get close it desn'thave any effect anymore. So it would be like:

++spawn++ //artillery\\ --mwg's to defend-- **site of impact** ((attacking mwg's))

Idea is that the defending mwg's will get hurt by friendly fire if too far, but if they're to close to the artillery enemy mwg's can close in too easily, without losses.
So all in all it will be a chaotic place :), just how we all like to see it right?, I guess.
Kuth
level4
level4

Postby Kuth » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:29 am

If you wanted to block an area with a hazard (Which is what Artillery would be doing), then why not use an Anthill or Dark Forest?

Though I wonder how people would feel about a turret with long range and a heavy, slow projectile that arcs- which is essentially an 'artillery turret'. But I for one would insist on giving it a minimum range setting so it couldn't fire at things within range of a 'normal' turret. This means it's only good for attacking far distances.

....But on the other hand, one might use this turret to systematically clear out spawn points without risk of attacking them directly. And since it stays, instead of a one-use powerup, there's no immediate recovery. Keep pounding the spawn points until nobody from x team is left, then move in with your troops.

The counter for this is- like Early Ants- praying for a powerup with explosives... or charging the enemy with your MWs. If the player with the turret has clustered all his troops there, chances are slim to defeat him/her with smaller numbers.

Return to “The Future”