auto download of maps and more maps like hamburger hill

Post your ideas on where the future evolution of Multiwinia should lead

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

zkl
level2
level2
Location: (zkl aka bonsai), Doing the shinyBonsai Manoeuvre(tm)

auto download of maps and more maps like hamburger hill

Postby zkl » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:12 am

Hi,

first of all is there a auto download for new maps and mods? that would be great cause i found it way too complicated in defcon to obtain new maps/mods and i think thats the reason they never became very popular..

secondly i would love to see a map like hamburger hill for 4 players. cause its great fun to fight in these hills. even if you are loosing the game you can still deliver a tough good fight against your opponent trying to storm the last hill wasting thousands of units :)
"tbh I always knew bonsai played like the devious brother of Nicholai Machiavelli!" :mgreen:
Xocrates
level5
level5

Re: auto download of maps and more maps like hamburger hill

Postby Xocrates » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:24 am

zkl wrote:first of all is there a auto download for new maps and mods? that would be great cause i found it way too complicated in defcon to obtain new maps/mods and i think thats the reason they never became very popular..

You do realize there is a sticky labeled "Planned Future Patches" saying some of the features that IV intends to implement, right?

If you do, you should know that this is on the list of planned stuff, but don't count on it showing up until the map editor is released.
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Re: auto download of maps and more maps like hamburger hill

Postby bert_the_turtle » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:26 am

zkl wrote:first of all is there a auto download for new maps and mods? that would be great cause i found it way too complicated in defcon to obtain new maps/mods and i think thats the reason they never became very popular..
IV is looking into it. Considering how small the map files compared to DEFCON mods, I'm sure they'll find a good way.

zkl wrote:secondly i would love to see a map like hamburger hill for 4 players. cause its great fun to fight in these hills. even if you are loosing the game you can still deliver a tough good fight against your opponent trying to storm the last hill wasting thousands of units :)
Well, make it yourself :)

Return to “The Future”