Denfintely more co-op

Post your ideas on where the future evolution of Multiwinia should lead

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

cde
level2
level2

Denfintely more co-op

Postby cde » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:05 am

I'm sure something can be modded together that would pit mortal enemies against a greater threat - multiplayer games vs lots of virus etc., as close to a coop Darwinia-style cleanup level as you like.

It would be great to have more random danger and AI to kill, especially at the outset, without just ending up with darkwinians (sorry, evilwinians (sorry, evilinians)) and a sense of a common goal would be cool - maybe still have points-based "winning" based on virus kills but a reduced incentive to kill other DGs.

But would it be possible to have the game end when all virus is gone, rather that last man standing? Could it even keep score based on virus deaths?
Cyan.
level3
level3

Postby Cyan. » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:09 am

I don't think this would work, if not only because the AI would never be as smart as a real player, I definetely like co-op tho, maybe make a map for 3 vs 3?
cde
level2
level2

Postby cde » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:31 am

I was thinking that the AI would be less important than the map layout and sheer amount of virus, plus eggs/triffids to keep the virus coming.

Darwinia worked great with a simple-ish goal, so a similar gametype for coop play has some potential. if it was possible to have multi-part objectives as with DW it could mean longer games and a whole different feel.

Or perhaps it would work better if a new multiplayer mode had fenced-in virus zones to set free by controlling power points? It could cause more mayhem than creating a few eggs or ants...

Return to “The Future”