Pitch your Power-up idea!

Post your ideas on where the future evolution of Multiwinia should lead

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

PegasusJF
level1
level1

Postby PegasusJF » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:32 am

I can think of one.

Forest Fire - Burns every dark and magic forest.
Kuth
level4
level4

Postby Kuth » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:56 am

How about crates that affect the entire world for a few seconds during play?

Rain of Fire is one thing I can think of off the bat :D
kiniki2004
level1
level1

Postby kiniki2004 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:21 am

I have a couple of ideas...

Turncoat: Allows you to drop some kind of nerve gas on any enemy units within the target area. These units then turn into your colour for a limited time until the effect of the nerve gas wears off. You'd be able to control them directly for 30 seconds or so..

Cloak: Target MW's become invisible to the enemy for 1-2 minutes... Allowing you to infiltrate a specific area... In this mode you can't fire.. But can move your troops behind enemy lines and position them ready to attack once they become visible again.

Suicide MW's: Could be good or bad depending on the situation. The MW's who pick up this crate instantly run to the nearest group of enemies and blow them selves up, killing all within the blast radius. This could be great if the enemy is massing an assault with a load of MW's.... But bad if you've got a load of MW's picking up the crate and just a couple of random enemies...

Resurrect: Any souls within target area are resurrected directly onto the battlefield below. I think this would work best if the resurrected MW's come back as whatever colour they were before... So you need to think carefully where you click.. Otherwise you could just be spawning a load of your enemies troops!

Freeze: All enemy MW's are frozen in place for 30 seconds.

Playing God: This could be a Retribution Power... Control any Darkwinians for specific time.....

Blackout: Crate overloads powerlines so that for specific time, nothing comes from Spawn points
Last edited by kiniki2004 on Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:22 am

Forums ate my post :(

So, the ideas I was going to say, but with less crappy listing. Also I do /know/ most of these suck, but meh, nothing else to do.

Exploding crate++
Napalm crate++
Nuclear bomber idea might be ok.
Fake crate++
Concrete statue - drops a statue which will splat all the DGs it lands on.
Cloaking device - just makes selected DGs invisible, no special powers otherwise.
Low Grav - makes grenades go twice as far
Big Bertha - a turret which fires very slowly but has a much larger range
Mines - blows up passing armour, but fairly easily destroyed by multiwinans (could be good for assault, to prevent rampant suicide runs)
Jump ramp - gives you a placable jump ramp, which will vanish after eg 30 seconds. Useful as a weapon and as a tool.
REAL jump ramp - makes a ramp that you can drive your armour up to do kick ass jumps o_o
Weapon jam - disrupts a gun turret's ability to fire. Seems like you could just use a napalm strike, though.

How about armaggeddon, lots and lots of meteors, hehe. Probably a bad idea though.
ynbniar
level5
level5

Postby ynbniar » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:21 am

Ceasefire - MWs can move about but no firing for 30secs...could also be called Defcon 2 :?:

I imagine much hilarity when the effect wears off... :wink:

GOOJF - Get Out Of Jail Free...cancels the previously placed powerup...to save yourself from nukes for example.
Nutter
level3
level3

Postby Nutter » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:45 am

Black hole - A black hole appears apear where the crate is opend and starts dragging everything into it (armours, darwinians, souls, virus ect). Could either have a limited rage and last for a while, or be incredibly powerfull and drag everything (except darwinians holding spawn points) on the map closer to it for about 5 - 10 seconds. Anything entering the black hole dies.

Lack of gravity - Anything caught in the area loses the gravity and starts floating up towards the sky. Could be fun to see multiwinians shooting at each other while slowly drifting away.
- Morten
------------------
RedCell.dk
xyzyxx
level5
level5

Postby xyzyxx » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:19 pm

Phelanpt wrote:xander, don't remember it, and I can't find it with search. :?
It's a cool idea, though.
the thread is here... only accessible to beta testers, of course.
Some people talk because they have something to say. Others talk because they have to say something.
film11
level3
level3

Postby film11 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:48 pm

I was going to have a Forced Pacifism idea but I see ynbniar beat me to it.
How about a landmines crate? Could either be landmines that are thrown out of the crate into the immediate area or can be placed anywhere on the battlefield (or in the vicinity of friendly MWs). I don't know whether the mines should explode on contact with friendly MWs though... it should definitely be one or the other however, not random.
aaaaaaaaaahahaha haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. ahahahaaah ahhhh aaaah.
stonberg
level1
level1

Postby stonberg » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:03 pm

Grenade Fury - select a group of WMs á la shield etc. and they all use only grenades for a short period of time (not if they're in formation, however).

Teleport - select a group of WMs (as above), and instantly teleport them to another location on the map.

Lastly, it'd be handy to open a crate containing this: Image

:P
fredthedeadhead
level1
level1

Postby fredthedeadhead » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:22 pm

A new mode for dropping crates: Conflict.
Crates are only dropped in places where two enemy teams are in proximity to each other, i.e. the middle of a firefight.
vanarbulax
level4
level4

Postby vanarbulax » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:27 pm

stonberg wrote:
Teleport - select a group of WMs (as above), and instantly teleport them to another location on the map.

Would be game braking on assault though.
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:35 pm

vanarbulax wrote:
stonberg wrote:

Would be game braking on assault though.
Just like Armour, which is therefore disabled on the maps this applies to.
Puzzlemaker
level2
level2

Postby Puzzlemaker » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:30 pm

I like the fake crate idea a lot, actually. It should look a little different, and maybe instead of a bad effect it should just explode when opened.
Tricycle21
level2
level2

Postby Tricycle21 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:10 pm

Cancellor: Cancels any effects caused by an opponent's crate which was used just before.
Solar mania: Boosts solar panels to generate much energy, which may turn out to be good or bad, depending the situation.
UI disruption: All MWs(and/or turrets, armours, spawn points, etc?) temporary become invisible.
TRC21

Oh yes.

3 meter above. I think.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:31 pm

Soft Reset: Restores the original state of the game, except for the scores and timer.

Swap hands: Everyone's powerups and MWs go to someone else.

Thief: Takes away a power up in play and lets you keep it for later use.

Role Reversal: Virii can take over Spawn points and shoot, MWs can use souls to breed and kill by touch.

Draw Aggro: Unless distracted somehow, any MW not on the same side of the power up's target will run off to kill it.

Return to “The Future”