Pitch your Power-up idea!

Post your ideas on where the future evolution of Multiwinia should lead

Moderators: bert_the_turtle, jelco

The Daemons
level2
level2

Postby The Daemons » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:28 am

Large Squad: creates a squad with 5 units instead of only 3

Rocket Squad: creates a normal 3-man squad that has rockets instead of grenades but only lasts for 20 or 30 seconds instead of 60

Tank: similar to the normal armor, but has openings in the sides to allow up to 15 or 20 MW's to fire lasers (with a slightly increased firing range), and the occasional grenade (only one at a time so it's not overpowered). And make some small change to the unit model so the player can tell the difference between it and a normal armor.

Miniwinians: a neutral faction like Evilinians and Futurewinians, that are spawned from opening the crate (similarly to the re-enforcements crate). They spawn about 100 of them from the crate and act just like a normal MWG except they move slightly faster, shoot faster, throw more grenades, but they are half the size of a normal MWG and their lasers and grenades do half as much damage. And if they take a spawn point, each spawn gives them 40 troops instead of only 20. The main trait that sets them apart from everyone else is their increased movement speed. As for color, maybe they could take on the color of the team that opened the crate, but with a slight glow like the Futurewinians, or take on a negative color.

Grenade Rage: just like normal rage, but with grenades and only lasts half as long

Cluster Bomb: cast it like eggs, but a single grenade that explodes like a normal grenade and sprays out a hand full of smaller grenades up into the air that explode on impact with the ground (like the air-strike grenades, but a smaller blast radius)

Laser Strike: exactly like an air-strike, but with more flyers, and they fire a large volley of lasers instead of dropping grenades

Flash-Bang: cast like eggs, but flash-bang grenades that temporarily stun any near-by MW's. Affects Futurewinians, Evilinians, and Miniwinians.

Spawn Forest: best described as a cross between the Magical Forest and the Randomizer. Spawns randomly colored MW's just like the randomly colored souls of a Magical Forest, but only spawns half as often. Similar to the Randomizer in the sense that it causes a full-scale shoot out between random colored MW's, but spawned MW's do not randomly change color like in the Randomizer. Also, Spawn Forest is almost impossible to set flame to (so that grenades tossed by the new MW's don't immediately cause the Forest to burn down, and therefore totally defeating the purpose of the Spawn Forest.)

Fake Grenades: cast in a wide area like a meteor shower or nuke strike but spawns grenades (like air-strike markers) that do.....................ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!! Except cause a little chaos and confusion on the battlefield because MW's will still run from them just like grenades and air-strike markers, but they just linger there and then dis-appear after about 10-15 seconds. Oh, and did I mention that there's 20-25 of these fake grenades spread around the target area? MW's run from one only to see another and then another and so on with the chaotic confusion...

Grenade Triffids: just like normal Triffids, but they spit out grenades instead of eggs.

Black Hole: crate opens to reveal a Black Hole that sucks in all Multiwinians, Futurewinians, Evilinians, Miniwinians, and even some viral units within a given radius. Lasts for 5-10 seconds.

Warp Hole: exactly like a Black Hole, but teleports anything sucked in, to one or more random locations throughout the map. Lasts for 5-10 seconds.

Fireworks: crate opens to reveal a short 3-5 second display of pretty colored fireworks that do absolutely nothing to affect gameplay in any way whatsoever (except maybe distract a human player for a few seconds). In other words, this is my version of the fake crate or empty crate that does absolutely nothing, that a few people have suggested.

?: power-up that takes on the effects of a random power-up, which is unknown until it is cast, making "?" a power-up that must be used with caution.
Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:39 pm

I think just about all of these were mentioned before hand, save a few... Though the fake 'nades sounds like fun.
The Daemons
level2
level2

Postby The Daemons » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:38 am

I figured most of my ideas were probably mentioned already, I was just too lazy to read the entire thread from the beginning. :P
Destroyer
level0

Postby Destroyer » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:06 am

Astroid shower-Like meteor shower but effects the whole map it rains down 20 astroids for MASSIVE ANNIHILATION :twisted:
pandm101
level1
level1

Postby pandm101 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:27 pm

Maybe a chaos powerup that causes nearby units to fire at any moving object, friend of foe?
The Daemons
level2
level2

Postby The Daemons » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:36 pm

Destroyer wrote:Astroid shower-Like meteor shower but effects the whole map it rains down 20 astroids for MASSIVE ANNIHILATION :twisted:

Or maybe like a meteor shower that affects the whole map, like you said, but only adds a few meteors to the original meteor shower, so it isn't overpowered.
Bloody Shame
level1
level1

Postby Bloody Shame » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:00 am

Idea for uplink inspired crate powerup: A powerup that is used on an enemy turret armor or squad that hacks it and lets you control the hacked unit for a short time.
lex
level0

Postby lex » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:52 pm

Armory crate
i really hope this read by someone more important than me, icepick type person
i realize it would take a lot but a crate that lets you spawn an armory building, which is captured like a turret, and multiwinians can then be sent in there to receive a chosen upgrade, e.g laser shotguns, exo-skeleton (body armor), flamethrower multiwinians etc.
different upgrades require multiwinians to be in the building for different amounts of time
and it can be captured by enemies obviously
would give the game some more range without destroying its core gameplay

i would actually pay for that to be in the game
i'm not even joking
XsnakeX51
level0

Postby XsnakeX51 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:25 am

Viral Turret: Spawns a mortar like turret that shoots eggs like a Triffid but they are instead the color of who controls the turret. Rates for respawn would be 5 seconds more than a Triffid or different

Bio Bomb: Airstrikes 3 bombers with plague grenades that infect MWs.

Futurewinian Tripod: Sort of like a tripod but it comes from the sky in a meteor ball and deploys into a white tripod that has subversion lasers and spawns FWs for about 10 per 30 seconds. Rate may be different.

Viral Strike:2-3 bombers that have 4 or 5 infection wires like the infection box, but your color, same color monsters/virus, and if it dose, same color MWs.
Uplinkport
level1
level1

Postby Uplinkport » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:14 pm

Superwinians: Red, white, and blue multiwinians that spawn out of a crate 1 at a time. They don't walk, they fly, and they have lazers such as the futurewinians, but with rage.
Black hole: A crate that grants you the ability to create a black hole on an enemy spawn-point. It sucks them in, working like a stationairy soul destroyer.
Defcon 1: Like the defcon patch, but instead allowing you to click on multiple destinations for each nuke to hit.

Return to “The Future”