Planned Future Patches

Post your ideas on where the future evolution of Multiwinia should lead

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

Vergerus
level1
level1

Postby Vergerus » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:52 pm

Greendingbat wrote:I personally would like to see lobby chat BEFORE replay functions
Think about it, the game doesn't start GAMEPLAY until all players hit the spacebar
but BEFORE the game, you can't communicate which settings you prefer, request changes in color or team, or anything like that
any way, you can already record games with apps like Fraps http://www.fraps.com/

Maybe you could do me the courtesy of actually reading my posts. The ones where I say, at least twice, that lobby chat is obviously more important than replays. It's right there in black and white (well, blue and white...)

Also, fraps is hardly an ideal way of recording matches. If you can't see the many differences between a replay file and a movie made with fraps then I can't help you.
Shwart!!
level5
level5

Postby Shwart!! » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:37 am

Vergerus wrote:
Shwart!! wrote:Because moer people want to watch replays of themselves owning than the people who want trivial things like 'lobby-chat'.
Seriously, who wants to be able to communicate before a game? I personally couldn't care less!

This is such a nasty little piece of fallacious flamebait it's barely worth dignifying it with a reply. Some people do want to watch their own victories but there's nothing wrong with that. It's also not the only reason for a replay feature. Of course lobby chat is more important. That's why it's written in the OP. That's why IV is already working on it.

Read xander's post, specifically the one involving the Russian nobility.

I have no objection to having replays implemented, and I agree that they would be nice. I was simply making fun of your description of them as 'vital'.
Plus, replays are coming anyway. Give it time.

Shwart!!
allen
level3
level3

Postby allen » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:55 am

personally I don't like the "wait in lobby" thing. I like the wait till ready in-game because I like to move the camera around and see where everyone is and sorta plan my attack ahead of time, in a way.

I dont like how messages disappear after a set amount of time. In TF2 and other source games messages have a certain time of how long they will displays but as soon as you hit the talk button theres a scroll box with all the messages. sometimes i get distracted and miss what someone said (especially on co-op) and try to go back and see and of course i cant.
imolol
level0

sound and stuff

Postby imolol » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:26 pm

Dont know if someone suggested it here, I really dont have the time to search the forum. But could you please add sound and music volume settings? I like to play multiwinia in window mode and listen some music from winamp while I play, it would be nice to have the option to turn game music down but still hear other sounds. And is it possible to make the filter settings in multiplayer to be permanent? Now the filter settings are reseting every time I run the game. I know is just stupid, minor "problems", on the other hand they souldnt be hard to fix :). Keep on the good work guys, you really proved that gaming isnt about hi-end graphic and number of polygons.

Thank you in advance and greetings from Czech Republic
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:11 pm

Is there any game music? I didn't think there was; could you be more specific about what you mean?
-- The GoldFish - member of former GIT and commander in chief of GALLAHAD. You could have done something, but it's been fixed. The end. Also, play bestgameever!
imolol
level0

music

Postby imolol » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:43 pm

yep, there are some sounds, which can be called a music in the menu.. waiting on free multiplayer game can be long sometimes, so it would be great to disable those sounds (music)
IronWill
level1
level1

Checkpoints

Postby IronWill » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:17 pm

Okay, we really NEED that :

a shortcut with KEY + RMOUSE to set up multiple relays points defining the way your selected multiwinians must use to go to their objective.

Goal is to be able to fill the gap generated by the pathfinder and collision system that sometimes screws us on map such as assault and other 'with walls' maps. Example given that would really be appreciated to manoeuver an armour.
Icepick
level5
level5

Postby Icepick » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:58 pm

Just a heads up, since there have been a lot of requests for it, a volume control has been added to the game and will be in a coming patch.
Pox
level5
level5

Re: Checkpoints

Postby Pox » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:54 am

IronWill wrote:Okay, we really NEED that :

a shortcut with KEY + RMOUSE to set up multiple relays points defining the way your selected multiwinians must use to go to their objective.

Goal is to be able to fill the gap generated by the pathfinder and collision system that sometimes screws us on map such as assault and other 'with walls' maps. Example given that would really be appreciated to manoeuver an armour.

Just point them at the first node with an officer, then set up the first DG that reaches that node as an officer pointing to the second node. It's the *winian way. ;)
JigsWithoutWoodstock
level2
level2

Postby JigsWithoutWoodstock » Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:20 am

I'd like to see a (homing) key that puts you back on the map, 'cause its annoying when the game horrifically lags (Damn ants!) and you get shot out into the darkness and it takes forever to get back.

*edit*

While thinking about it, how about a key that allows you to discard a power-up in your tab inventory?
We're the same. Nuisances with nowhere to go.
Icepick
level5
level5

Postby Icepick » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:42 am

JigsWithoutWoodstock wrote:While thinking about it, how about a key that allows you to discard a power-up in your tab inventory?

It's called the C key.
JigsWithoutWoodstock
level2
level2

Postby JigsWithoutWoodstock » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:04 pm

Oh, I didn't know that. :X
zach
level5
level5

Postby zach » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:30 pm

JigsWithoutWoodstock wrote:Oh, I didn't know that. :X

You posted this though?
KingAl
level5
level5

Postby KingAl » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:47 pm

To be fair, they may not have made the connection between currently created units and ones sitting unused in the task manager.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here: this is the War Room!
Ultimate Uplink Guide
Latest Patch
JigsWithoutWoodstock
level2
level2

Postby JigsWithoutWoodstock » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:55 pm

Yeah, I was talking about the unused ones in the task manager. (I should of mentioned that. ;X)

E.g. Ants nest, Hot feet, etc.

Return to “The Future”