How do I stop double teamers?

Discuss winning strategies to slaughter those enemy stickmen!

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

Have you ever stopped double teamers?

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes: 4
panasonic307
level0

How do I stop double teamers?

Postby panasonic307 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:00 am

Hey guys ime new here. I play on the xbox 360 and I have a question. How do I stop double teamers? I was playing on a domination map, 1v1v1 with my buddies. dont remember the map but it was like this. Start with two incubators each. Between each starting point of each team is one incubator and there is one in the middle of the map. I massed two divisions to take and defend the two in the middle of me and my enemies however because of the higher concentration of enemy forces because of them only having to mobilize groups of troops on one front while I had to mobilize two. Nonetheless I was promptly put into retribution while one of my buddies, the more experienced, took my spawns and the middle and won with the scores being 7-3-0. How can I prevent this in the future?
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:26 am

If two players randomly gang up on you, there is just one thing you can do: retreat and make your remaining spawn points look not worth taking. If they just randomly turned against you, they'll start fighting each other, giving you a chance for a comeback later. The handicap settings will grant you an increased spawn rate, though I don't know how much that matters on the XBox with its lowered population caps. If they strategically gang up on you (with a secret agreement to eliminate you first), there's probably nothing you can do to win unless you heavily outskill them; if you suspect that is the case, you should pick one of them and attack only him. If you can't win, be the one determining the winner.
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:53 pm

I suspect you're talking of Field of Unending Dawn, what bert's says is viable, but if you wanna really know how to kick both there asses use the terrain to your advantage, When you spawn at the left (if the spawn points are in a triangle I mean the left bottom starting spawn) go to the right and defend that spawn by placing your man on the ridge, your enemy has to go trough a valley to come to you, and most of the time you can relaitvely easy kill lots of troops with grenades.

If you start at the right, defend on that other side of that valley I was talking about, not taking the spawn, nd move to the spawn on your right again, camping on that hill, flaking and interrupting all enemy forces coming to that spawn, you have hight advantage so it should be doable.

If you start at the top, you got a harder time, best bet is to harrass the left spawn as ch as possibly, sneaking small groups trough enemy lines to keep them busy, an try to take your right spawn, staying on the higher grounds, pressing downwards.

In all cases the most thread comes from the middle, so you should use your political skills to convince your enemies to fight over that between them selfs, in any case if you can hold on to 1 spawn, one of your enemies is on equal footing with you, and the other grows stronger, so convince the enemy on equal footing with you to gang up on the strongest enemy.
AmoebaKing
level0

Postby AmoebaKing » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:47 am

Like Jordy was saying, every multiplayer strategy game has an element of politics in it. Use a little threat, a little reason, a little more logic, and a lot of sweetalk to turn them against each other. If you succeed in that, the odds are you'll be able to win while they turn their attention to each other.

Return to “Strategy and Tactics”