Eternal Guardians shortcut

Discuss winning strategies to slaughter those enemy stickmen!

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

Bloody Shame
level1
level1

Eternal Guardians shortcut

Postby Bloody Shame » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:25 am

I have noticed a small land bridge on the map: Eternal Guardians. I'm not shure if anyone has noticed this yet but if you start on the "left side" (that is if you look at the center statues face and look to the left) you will notice a small lake. There is a small divit in the land where the AI occasionally sends renforcements to cut off your own. Head strait for the divit with a group of Multiwinians. When you get to a spot along the bank of the lake that has a very small mass of water next to it STOP. Promote one of your winians to an officer and instruct him to send the remainder of the force between the small water mass and the lake. STOP and create another officer and instruct this one to send winians up the nearby hill. Now create one more and make him send your forces to the back of the enemy's starting spawn point. Create an officer at your start base and order him to send winians to the first officer to create the bridge. Your forces should be quite safe traveling one by one across the small bridge. As a bonus the bridge empties out on the side of the enemy's start base so you can quickly overwhelm them.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:37 am

This is an interesting strategy against newbies, but is ultimately not very helpful against anyone who knows what they are doing. It is easy to see an attack coming, so there is a lot of time to prepare defenses. Moreover, because there is a bottleneck, it is easy to defend with a small number of DGs. Finally, if you are diverting DGs to attack via that land bridge, you have fewer DGs to fight the more important battles.

That being said, it doesn't hurt to send 20-30 DGs over right at the beginning, just to see if you can catch your opponent off guard. Just don't expect it to work.

xander
Bloody Shame
level1
level1

Postby Bloody Shame » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:25 am

I originally used this strategy to quickly overwhelm the AI on hard mode but I have found using rage on my attacking force just as their climbing over the hill is a useful distraction.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:41 pm

Bloody Shame wrote:I originally used this strategy to quickly overwhelm the AI on hard mode but I have found using rage on my attacking force just as their climbing over the hill is a useful distraction.

That assumes that you have rage, which cannot be counted upon.

xander

Return to “Strategy and Tactics”