Cyan. (Part 2.)

Discuss winning strategies to slaughter those enemy stickmen!

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

tiro
level1
level1

Cyan. (Part 2.)

Postby tiro » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:46 am

Hey everybody,

I am posting here because someone locked the thread Cyan started.

Anyhow I want to give him some support, because he's right about one thing: everyone at the top of the ladder is a ladder prostitute, beating up n00bs by the dozen. Everyone except Cyan.

Where I come from, snitches get STITCHES. But the worse of the ladder harlots are guys like fonzor and Adub, basically everyone in the top 20 EXCEPT for Cyan. Yeah that's right, I said I snitched.

So I just want to thank Cyan for making the games more fun. We do not need folks who play the same way on the same duel maps every day, like accountants on a lunch break. By comparison, guys like Cyan are great to play with. I love Cyan, compared with those guys.

Sure he colludes with Myst in 4-ways and he talks a lot of junk, but that's just what we need now--someone to rile up people and make things more interesting. There's no need for you all to pile on with your anti-Cyan comments every time he says something provocative. Some of the other players make his ethnic-baiting comments INTERESTING (in comparison).

A few of your people take this game way too seriously. The only folks who should be stressed are IV, who invested hundreds of thousands of pounds and haven't much to show for it. But for the rest of us, I say play to win but have some fun and keep the experience varied.

The folks who are the most fun to play with tend not to be the ones so intently focused on the forums and 'online community' and ladders. You'll never hear MadMorgan or MOon or SweetJesus or Wingman4l7 or l0ader or PSmith complain about being out of practice or getting imbalanced starting positions. But some of the ladder prostitutes do. Even if Cyan talks about ladder rankings a lot, I think he does it in a good way, like Floyd Mayweather. In fact, I think it's pretty funny. One time he was mocking me for not being good, but I'm cool with that, I KNOW I'm not good, and I can live with that.

Multiwinia is almost dead for lack of players but keep Cyan around and maybe we can breathe a few more Multiwinia Weekends into it.

Yours,
tiro
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:48 am

What we NEED is a much more civilised and inviting community whose large majority of daily posts dont revolve around the flaming of people/products.
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:12 pm

haha, you post made me happy, thank you! Teel me what I should do to repay you, also I'm not unfriedly against noobs, I try to help them, and sure I mock about bad players on ocassion, most time I don't really care and just do it for fun, other times I really hate it to waste time on a complete noob becuase there is such a lack of players, but in every ocassion I'm willing to help someone if he asks. A lot more then you can come up with.
GreenRock
level4
level4

Postby GreenRock » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:43 pm

Cyan's alright i guess. The thing is, for me, i dont know when to take him seriously or not. Dont forget he impersonates other players. that gets really annoying. but since its a fact that we wont be playing multiwinia on our deathbeds when were all old, why bother hating on people? This IS the internet afterall, so i dont take anything seriously on here, if you want to know the truth.
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:28 pm

Btw, I KNOW I'm an ass, and I can live with that as well :).
The Daemons
level2
level2

Postby The Daemons » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:16 am

From some of Cyan's (of course, he's jordy... now) posts that I've read, sometimes I think he goes quite a bit overboard. But then I have seen some other posts that are really helpful. I'll admit I haven't been a member on here long enough to really understand everything he's done, but I'm not gonna totally judge him based on a few negative comments that a few others have made on here about him. Even if I do know shit: :Phttp://forums.introversion.co.uk/multiwinia/viewtopic.php?t=2728&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:32 am

trust me, my bad posts outweight my good ones by far, but then again, never trust me....
The Daemons
level2
level2

Postby The Daemons » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:36 am

Jordy... wrote:trust me, my bad posts outweight my good ones by far, but then again, never trust me....

Well, your bad ones may outweigh the good ones in terms of numbers, but to me the good ones are more meaningful. :)
Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:33 am

My ultimate say on reasons why I pick on Cyan so much:

-Constantly starting threads about himself
-Making threads which his ideas got shot down, only to try again
-Talking bad about some things such as Multiwinia, only to try to act like he didn't at times.
-Flaming people for putting their opinions down about his ideas
-Flaming a person just because someone else tries to shut that other person up to avoid embarrassing themselves, not to try and act like he doesn't know what the difference between shutting one up for their own safety vs. shutting one up because they do it for bigger post counts. For example; 4chan users. I'm not saying you are, it's just a reference to what I think of them as.
-Flaming posts as a way to retaliate in a rather innocent thread that was showing something made elsewhere, instead of the game itself, and basically trying to get his post count higher.

Jordy, I wouldn't mind it if you would just work on those areas, and then you and I wouldn't have this kind of hate... Then I wouldn't have to attack you. :roll:

No, at the moment I don't think Multiwinia can ever be saved, no matter if Cyan was good or bad, or even involved at all. Introversion is just sinking at the moment, trying to meet deadlines.

And stop making Cyan threads please, this needs to stop. Seriously...
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:23 pm

Major Cooke wrote:--==<snap>==--

When you attack Cyan., you just provoke him. If you really don't like him, ignore him. Then not only do we not have to deal with his replies, but we don't have to deal with you, either.

xander
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:41 pm

haha, yeah cooke, what's the big deal? I don't hate you, but it seems like you really got agrudge against me? Well whatev I don't really bother, tho it's quite pathetic, but hey so am I right?
Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:46 am

I don't believe that it's always the right way to just ignore them, no. I think more along the lines of telling them straight up what they are doing wrong in one's own mind. So xander you're going to have to put up with me anyway. Someone has to do it, but no one's willing to stick their necks out to risk the chopping blade. I got nothing (much) to lose anyway so why not tempt fate the legal way?
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:18 am

you're such a hero, or is dramaqueen...?
The Daemons
level2
level2

Postby The Daemons » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:36 pm

Perhaps we are all, to some degree, drama queens.

Return to “Strategy and Tactics”