melting pot turret

Discuss winning strategies to slaughter those enemy stickmen!

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

elexis
level5
level5

Re: cyan you poop head

Postby elexis » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:55 pm

Patrolman Smith wrote:Neatnit why are you commenting on threads that are posted in Strategy and Tactics? you never play.

What proof do you have that NeatNit doesn't play? I have never seen Jordy.../Cyan/etc. online, does that mean he doesn't play?
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:02 am

that's about right, I don't. And P got secret steam information about neatnit trough me, so leave him alone.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:53 am

elexis wrote:What proof do you have that NeatNit doesn't play? I have never seen Jordy.../Cyan/etc. online, does that mean he doesn't play?

NeatNit's Ladder Profile
Cyan./Jordy...'s Ladder Profile

NeatNit has a total of 16 game played, none of them in the last two weeks. Unless he is playing with a different key, or with a demo key, he does not play very much (if at all). Cyan., on the other hand, has played hundreds of matches.

xander
Patrolman Smith
level1
level1

stop deviating from the starting topic!

Postby Patrolman Smith » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:37 am

when i set up a topic i thought people would post stuff about it. :P "Well patrolman i found that the turret idea worked well here..." whatever i can figure out things on my own.
Patrolman Smith
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:03 am

it's good you know, I tried to share stuff in the beginning as well, but it just seems that nobody really cares, or atleast doesn't share.
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Re: stop deviating from the starting topic!

Postby bert_the_turtle » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:42 pm

Patrolman Smith wrote:when i set up a topic i thought people would post stuff about it. :P
You derailed it yourself with your challenge.
Patrolman Smith
level1
level1

sadly yes

Postby Patrolman Smith » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:47 pm

sadly i did but the topic but was pretty derailed at that point already
Patrolman Smith
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:53 pm

xander wrote:
elexis wrote:What proof do you have that NeatNit doesn't play? I have never seen Jordy.../Cyan/etc. online, does that mean he doesn't play?

NeatNit's Ladder Profile
Cyan./Jordy...'s Ladder Profile

NeatNit has a total of 16 game played, none of them in the last two weeks. Unless he is playing with a different key, or with a demo key, he does not play very much (if at all). Cyan., on the other hand, has played hundreds of matches.

xander
Excuse me, but I didn't know that playing on the ladder games is the only way to play Multiwinia.

It is true that I don't play Multiwinia much, I'll give you that, but my ladder page has nothing to do with it.
Nearly all of my Multiwinia games are private games not played on the dedicated servers.

Perhaps a much better place to show how much I played would be here, my SteamID page. It shows exactly how much I played for each game in the past 2 weeks. You'll never see such awesomeness in that lame old Mac of yours!!
Even though it is possible for me to play without Steam, which it won't log, I never do.

But like I said, it's true that I don't play much. I wasn't wrong, though. My point still stands - Meteor Showers are usually very effective, and it's rare that they miss a spot.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:03 am

According to your Steam profile, you don't play Multiwinia very much. My point still stands.

xander
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:07 am

Did you even read my post? I agreed that I don't play Multiwinia much!!

But it's not like I NEVER played it, and it's not like I don't play the occasional game. Just not in the past 2 weeks, and never on dedicated servers.
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:24 am

NeatNit wrote: My point still stands - Meteor Showers are usually very effective, and it's rare that they miss a spot.

I often find I can manually guide a group of Multiwinians through a meteor shower with minimal casualties.
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:28 am

Perhaps you are right, but that's partially cause the meteors don't all land at the same time, so you can move your MWGs to where one has already landed, and avoid another. But turrets can't move, so assuming meteors don't miss a spot (I know that's not the case, but it's usually close to that), one at least will hit the turret.
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:35 am

Consider this: You have placed a turret on top of a very narrow, steep mountain. The enemy launched a meteor shower at it, with the centre of the target are on the turret. Let's assume that none of the meteors score a direct hit. If one of the meteors hits just to the side of the turret, the damage will be minimal because although the meteor is right next to the turret on the horizontal axis, it quite far away on the vertical axis. So the turret live. This is the point *whoever it was* was trying to make earlier.
Patrolman Smith
level1
level1

exactly

Postby Patrolman Smith » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:34 pm

exactly
Patrolman Smith
The Daemons
level2
level2

Postby The Daemons » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:56 pm

Getting back to the original topic, I just wanted to point out that even if the airstrike could go high enough to reach the turret up on the hill, (i think somebody already said this but i'm not sure) the markers would most likely just roll off the side of the hill, and so the airstrike wouldn't even go near the turret.

As for the meteor shower, in my experience, it almost never covers the targeted area evenly, so for me hitting a turret head on with a meteor is kind of a 50/50 coin flip. (sometimes i almost think they're purposely avoiding any enemy units or spawn points in the targeted area) :wink:

Return to “Strategy and Tactics”