melting pot turret

Discuss winning strategies to slaughter those enemy stickmen!

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

Patrolman Smith
level1
level1

melting pot turret

Postby Patrolman Smith » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:45 am

Just the other day i noticed (sadly) that airstrikes cannot hit anything above their certain hieght they dont fly higher to hit stuff placed on mountains. Then in melting pot later on in that day i set up a turret on one of the 3 mountains surrounding the statue goal points. My turret was placed so that it could still help steal enemy statues while not being able to be destroyed by bombers. This position also makes it harder to be nuked and being struck by meteors ( unless you know there algorithims as cyan (jordy) does). Well try it out, and give me tips where this would work also unending peaks ect.
Patrolman Smith
Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:42 am

Airstrikes follow airstrike markers. There is 2-3 ships per marker, based on what level they are, which is a random level between 1 and 2, Darwinia style. If you don't know what I mean, then go play Darwinia and go upgrade airstrike markers to see what I mean.
Patrolman Smith
level1
level1

poop

Postby Patrolman Smith » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:49 am

ok. the air strike markers are set on the turret. bombers come in. they are not high enough. bombs completely miss target. go play mw and try it. in origianal post i said to go try it you obviously didnt. go put some markers on a peak on a mountian i guarantee the bombers wont get up there.
Patrolman Smith
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:55 am

Major Cooke wrote:Airstrikes follow airstrike markers. There is 2-3 ships per marker, based on what level they are, which is a random level between 1 and 2, Darwinia style. If you don't know what I mean, then go play Darwinia and go upgrade airstrike markers to see what I mean.

This has nothing to do with what Patrolman Smith is talking about. He was noting that there are positions where you can place turrets such that air strikes cannot effectively target them. This has to do with the nature of the terrain at those positions (i.e. they are high enough or steep enough that they can't be hit).

xander
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:17 pm

What xander said

Basically, the marker rolls down the hill and so that's where the bomber strikes. They're not geniuses.
A nuke or meteor shower would work much better on it.

(I don't see why a meteor shower would fail)
Patrolman Smith
level1
level1

Arguing...

Postby Patrolman Smith » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:55 pm

A meteor shower is hard to aim. Being that the turret sits upon a side of a mountain ( on a vertical slope almost) it makes it much harder to hit with meteors, which are notoriously inaccurate to begin with. I'm guessing nukes would be able to kill it and maybe a lucky meteor shower.
Patrolman Smith
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:09 pm

You don't have to aim meteor showers, you just set the area and the meteors do all the work.

If meteors shower always fail for you, then you're pretty unlucky... no offence, of course :)
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:04 pm

NeatNit wrote:You don't have to aim meteor showers, you just set the area and the meteors do all the work.

If meteors shower always fail for you, then you're pretty unlucky... no offence, of course :)

You are really missing the point... The meteors in a meteor shower fall at random within a fairly large area. There is no guarantee that any particular spot will get hit, thus taking out a turret with a meteor shower is not a sure bet even in the best of times. Given how much Patrolman Smith plays (and the quality with which he plays), and the fact that I have never seen you play a game, it might be wise to listen to what he says, rather than try to correct him with every asinine post that you make.

xander
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:09 pm

lol, P sucks, but yeah I believe Neat sucks even more, let the flamin continue!
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:13 am

xander wrote:
NeatNit wrote:You don't have to aim meteor showers, you just set the area and the meteors do all the work.

You are really missing the point... The meteors in a meteor shower fall at random within a fairly large area. There is no guarantee that any particular spot will get hit, thus taking out a turret with a meteor shower is not a sure bet even in the best of times. Given how much Patrolman Smith plays (and the quality with which he plays), and the fact that I have never seen you play a game, it might be wise to listen to what he says, rather than try to correct him with every asinine post that you make.

xander
And you claim that you're never in a bad mood?
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:43 am

NeatNit wrote:
xander wrote:

xander

And you claim that you're never in a bad mood?

This is me in a good mood.

xander
Patrolman Smith
level1
level1

cyan you poop head

Postby Patrolman Smith » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:01 pm

Cyan, I challenge you to a dual! (unending peaks, sunday, 9 pm chicago time). Neatnit why are you commenting on threads that are posted in Strategy and Tactics? you never play. The stuff typed here would not matter to you.
Last edited by Patrolman Smith on Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Patrolman Smith
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:12 pm

Don't be lazy and give that challenge time in GMT. Doing so would have the additional advantage of making you realize you picked a time in the middle of the night for Europeans.
Patrolman Smith
level1
level1

exactly

Postby Patrolman Smith » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:15 pm

then he would have to forfeit the challenge :) (and i will continue to be that lazy).
Patrolman Smith
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:53 pm

I would win with my eyes half shut, hell, for that matter, I would win from P with my eyes completely shut. Hell, for that matter I would win fron smithers even if I let a bot play for me.

So... you want a challenge? Sure

Return to “Strategy and Tactics”