Misunderstood Power-ups?

Discuss winning strategies to slaughter those enemy stickmen!

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

GreenRock
level4
level4

Misunderstood Power-ups?

Postby GreenRock » Fri May 08, 2009 4:20 am

I'm berely getting what all of the powerups do, besides the obvious ones, like meteor shower and airstrikes, but what do triffids do? And what are the purpose to magical forests? Please inform me on all of the power-ups, obvious or not. Maybe this post will branch off into another converstion holding valuable information thinking that everybody knew about it. Or maybe some power up ideas? Posted: Fri May 08, 2009 1:39 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How 'bout when multiwinians open up a crate, you get the power to make a foggy mist in any area? Confusion would follow, and all of the Multiwinians in the area, and all multiwinians entering the area, stop firing. Instead of all the power-ups which kill, I was thinking more pacificistic . This would be excellent for sending in more troops to reinforce a crucial area that is weakly defended. I would like to see more power-ups that add more strategy to multiwinia besides them just destroying your opponent (which I know is the basis of MW, however, but would like to see more creative power-ups). Please, more creative power-ups!!!!

I posted this idea in an old forum, and was afraid it may not be noticed.
Aeshi
level1
level1

Postby Aeshi » Fri May 08, 2009 7:26 am

Triffids will spit/shoot eggs around the map that hatch into monsters hostile to any team.The Triffids can be destroyed (and may die anyway once they have fired enough eggs)

Magical forests will "grow" souls,which then fall to the ground beneath ready to be collected by engineers,harvesters or ants from an ant nest (I think 1 soul=3 ants) Magical forests can also catch fire if MW's fight in them or a turret shoots it,causing everyone in the forest to burn to death.
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Fri May 08, 2009 7:38 am

For more: http://forums.introversion.co.uk/multiw ... php?t=1857 . Also, search is your friend.

And about your suggestion, it will be ignored here even more than it will be in the other (old? how do you think the other forum is older than this one?) thread.
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Fri May 08, 2009 6:11 pm

Magical forests can also turn into dark forests if there is any dark tree around them. (in case you didn't know, dark forests kill about half the Multiwinians that go through them by removing their souls)
Normal trees (that are already in the map) can also turn into dark trees.
Last edited by NeatNit on Mon May 11, 2009 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Mon May 11, 2009 3:46 am

Unless you have a harvestor, you should use magic forests like an arsonist would use petrol.

Return to “Strategy and Tactics”