Blitz, The Bleak Mountains

Discuss winning strategies to slaughter those enemy stickmen!

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

Cyan.
level3
level3

Blitz, The Bleak Mountains

Postby Cyan. » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:10 pm

I Understand most of the Blitz maps now, like what you can do and can't do, but this map is like a mysterious woman that hasn't revealed her dark secret yet. In fact I think it's the only map I don't quite get.

So I hope someone is willing to help me and any ideas or suggestions are welcome, in return you may ask me anything you like :P.

Two things that have an effect to some degree are:

1. Moving your forces from your homespawn too enemy locations, without armour.

2. Trying to conquer enemy homespawns.
Cyan.
level3
level3

Postby Cyan. » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:09 am

Well since nobody answered yet, and I know the guy who I hoped would no is rooming the forums now, I'll try to answer my own question. Let's ANALYZE THIS!

How to win: Conquer all four flags

How to conquer all four flags: Have more troops then the other guy has (Don't tell me that you don't need extra troops perse, because you fucking do in this map! Otherwise tell me how you do it.)

How to get more troops: Attack/conquer spawns

How to attack/conquer enemy spawns: Well here it's where it gets difficult

How I see it is that you 2 homespawns and the other spawn near by are pretty easy to defend, partly because of the large fire power you have including turrets. Even so because such a large number of troops are amassed, a few black outs won't really help. It also seems that your 2 homespawn generate new mwg's quicker then other spawns.

When trying to move your troops forward you have to atleast leave 100-200 behind in both places, on your home flag and by your flag nearest by, to defend them properly against ACP attacks.
But maybe if you do this, the best thing to do is to move the rest of your troops to the spawn close to your enemy and load 2 ACP full to take out turrets. However even if you succeed you still have to fight against the 2 spawns nearby, plus new turrets that will be placed.

Another option is trying to take the homespawn(s) of the enemy, it could be helpfull if you move troops from your home and take the shortcut. But a common defense will be that he places a turret there and since he still gets reinforcements from the gate, this would become very hard.

Well these 2 things I obviously tried and where not to my satisfaction, also a blitz attack is probably not going to happen since the flag near a spawn os most of the time heavenly defended.

So this is where I get stuck, any help would be welcome!
Cyan.
level3
level3

Postby Cyan. » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:12 am

I eliminated CPU, on hard! 5 Seonds before time, with nuke and 2 extra spawns the whole game long :(.

So was it intendend to be possible to elminate someone in this map? Because if so, please tell me what you did while playtesting this map.

One thing I found out tho, I tried using the shortcut from the beginning but, because you have to go uphill first, to get to the enemies homespawn, it's very easy to defend and you'll get a lot more casualties. So that tactic is probably not doable at all, unless you can get a hold of the mountain top, wich would probably required turrets to be placed there, but since it's so close to enemies homespawns you'll probably get an endless wave of ACP on your turrets, unless you place them close together, with lots of man power, hum?!

Still this would take alot of man- and firepower away, from more important things like your spawns.
Cyan.
level3
level3

Postby Cyan. » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:31 am

I did it again! This time somewhat quicker, but again with nuke and again enemy didn't take his third spawn. Problem still is you can't place turrets on top of mountain, only before top. It has some value too it as a tactic I guess, but I doubt I'll ever succeed against a human player, especially without nuke!
Cyan.
level3
level3

Postby Cyan. » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:00 pm

Isn't it funny how a boy can create his own world, in this case a own thread. Well anyway, I played against a human player today, using same tactics as 2 posts above.

This is what happened: I took my spawn, did a little harasment on his spawn, then made defense for my spawn.

Next, I loaded 2 ACP's full, took both his turrets on shortcut, went back for more troops and placed turret on top of his mountain.

Then moved all man from homespawn to his, using shortcut afcourse.

Then a second group, meanwhile I had taken control of mountain, and tried to attack. Also in this fase I didn't receive any new reinforcements anymore.

Then it went bad, first, he had a lot of troops standing there and because of this I could take out his first turret, but then he got a new one wich wiped me away.

So while I took one spawn out for a while, my conclusion is that this is not a valid strategy yet. After this I just went for third flag and his spawn and won, having more flags.

If you see anything that you would have done different or you got new ideas to try, let me know!

Return to “Strategy and Tactics”