Futurewinians... Help me out here.

Discuss winning strategies to slaughter those enemy stickmen!

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

Major Cooke
level4
level4

Futurewinians... Help me out here.

Postby Major Cooke » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:28 pm

Okay... I'm really getting tired of loosing to Futurewinians a lot. I need some help and some guides on how to control these bastards when they come down.

One thing I "HAVE" discovered is you can use your selection ability, when the multiwinians are being sucked up, you can command them away from the suction even while their being sucked up, and they'll just go flying in directions elsewhere instead of being absorbed into the ship.

Can someone post good strategies and include screenshots on how to deal with futurewinians?
Cooper42
level4
level4

Postby Cooper42 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:38 pm

Nukes

And, maybe, meteor showers

Airstrikes and napalm if you manage to get them early on...

Basically, do anything you can not to engage MW to FW...
Whoever you vote for, the government wins.
aldaris
level1
level1

Postby aldaris » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:45 pm

Multiple angles of attack with overwhelming numbers in each. Also, eggs.
Phelanpt
level5
level5

Postby Phelanpt » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:47 pm

Formations seem to help.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:49 pm

Any situation where you shoot more than they do.

Also, if you happen to have MWs near where they land, there's a fair chance you'll get them all with a grenade barrage.
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:25 pm

I never understand why people have futurewinians so much, I've never lost to them, ever :P
Generally as many powerups their way as possible + formations works for me :)
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
aldaris
level1
level1

Postby aldaris » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:26 pm

Yes, formations execute any converted within their ranks before those deserters can fire a shot.
Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:00 pm

aldaris wrote:Yes, formations execute any converted within their ranks before those deserters can fire a shot.

Not really... I had about 5 formations all up alongside each other and I kinda got raped... Then again, my Multiwinian's fire rate is .1... So that's probably why. =P
prophile
level5
level5

Re: Futurewinians... Help me out here.

Postby prophile » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:48 am

Major Cooke wrote:Okay... I'm really getting tired of loosing to Futurewinians a lot. I need some help and some guides on how to control these bastards when they come down.

*losing
TomCat39
level3
level3

Postby TomCat39 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:44 am

I find formations work but don't take them too close.

Loose MW tend to roam in and get converted. I slowly inch the formations forward as they (futures) dwindle en mass).

I tend to use only 1 or 2 formations and time.
"Now, stop being a douche to the newbie, and run along."

xander
liq3
level0

Postby liq3 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:36 pm

I usually just ignore them, let them land...If they're landing near a bunch of my MWs (60+), I'll send all those near the dropoff, to take them out. If I can't take them out right away, I'll usually let them land, then take them out with a medium sized army (100+ MWs). If I can't do that, I'll just let them take my spawn. They usually cause my enemy(ies) more problems then they cause me.
mehoo462
level2
level2

Postby mehoo462 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:41 pm

I think futurewinians are why competetive games of MW must be played in a series. And I think that's fine. Sit back and enjoy the havoc!
Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:47 am

I just got through playing a domination game where it was a 3-team round (Unending Dawn)...

I was getting hammered on both sides and someone happened to open a futurewinian crate, they came down, and dominated the other two teams.

When it was down to 45 seconds, I happened to open a few Subversion crates, and I fought fire with fire...

So I gathered up all my darwinians around my duo spawn points, made a few formations out of them and sent them all the way over to capture two extra spawn points.

Formations + Subversion and Rocketwinians = Total domination. Every attack wave the Futurewinians sent at me, they all ended up on my side, and I won with such ease, it wasn't even funny.

I guess fighting fire with fire is even more helpful than assumed.

Not to mention the fact I was the center of Retribution (getting nuked/meteored the entire way) and I STILL managed to survive!

I got about 8 meteor showers and six nukes launched at me when the futurewinians took over the other two teams. =P
Kuth
level4
level4

Postby Kuth » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:42 am

When taking on Futurewinians, I usually drop what I'm doing and watch for them.

Occasionally they'll go for whomever's winning the game, but don't count on this when they show up.

When they do, keep a look out for the suction beam and spread out your forces. If the beam is moving in your direction, scatter your troops- even if the enemy MWs are approaching. Chances are, they'll either ignore the beam and run straight into it, or the beam will curve and suck them up instead. Either way, dodge the beam. If you're going to loose troops, make sure the enemy is the one loosing them.

I wonder if the selection tool works in the suction beam. If so, and if you're on top of it, perhaps you can use them as makeshift paratroopers to drop behind enemy formations.

Anyway, keep dodging the beam. I don't think there's any way to 'steer' it per-se, as it just seems to travel in random directions.

Anyways, when the beam stops and starts beaming down FWs, Gather as many troops as you can to extinguish them. True, FWs have a better subversion pulse, but even they can be overwhelmed by sheer numbers and grenades. FWs don't use explosives, but your guys do.

And when they've dropped, remember they've dropped in a finite number and the Mothership just takes off. If you keep them away from spawn points with large groups of troops, then they'll be dead before you know it. The same goes with Evilwinians- they're not really much of a threat so long as you keep them away from spawn points.

If they DO catch a spawn point, it's best to use every means necessary to stop them before they can put out a batch of reinforcements. With every batch they put out, it becomes harder and harder to remove them. Use power ups to stop them- nukes if necessary on the spawn points to exterminate them all. Once they loose the spawn point, then it returns to the matter of keeping them from getting it.

Alternatively, you could leave them alone. If you're far ahead of the game score-wise that you'll win, FWs can be used to the advantage of destroying your enemies. Just firm up your defenses so the FWs don't overwhelm your position and let them wreak havoc on the enemy.
Krion112
level2
level2

Postby Krion112 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:48 am

My usual strategy is, nomatter the game situation, I always keep a spare Airstrike or Napalm, so after they harvest some MW's and begin to descend, when the first one is almost 1/2 of the way down, you launch the airstrike and most of them are defeated, afterwords, get enough (100 - 150) to overwhelm their position. If they mange to get by and capture a spawn point, surround it with 3 or 4 formations and it usual works.... 1 or 2 may escape but can easily be hunted down and exterminated

Return to “Strategy and Tactics”