Turrets

Discuss winning strategies to slaughter those enemy stickmen!

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

aldaris
level1
level1

Turrets

Postby aldaris » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:14 am

Where do you put them, how do you defend them, how would you take such a turret out/over?
Of course, flame turrets go near choke points, rockets go on peaks so they don't hit themselves, and gunturrets go where they have the farthest range, but do you have any specifics?
Artemis
level1
level1

Postby Artemis » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:20 am

Taking a turret out depends on where it is really. The easiest way is with a crate item like an airstrike, but if you don't have one you'll need a big bunch of multiwinians in several groups. Keep them out of range and try to move them so each group is at a different side of the turret (preferably in front & behind), then charge them all at it at the same time. The turret will turn to shoot one group, so the other group coming in at a different angle can shoot the operators and take over it.

That can be awkward depending on terrain and formations of enemy MWs. I think someone mentioned drive-by deployment of MWs from Armour somewhere.
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:58 pm

And if worst comes to worst, you can car bomb them.
Use the c button to destroy your Armour, creating an explosion that can take out the DGs manning the turrets, or even the turret itself.
Cooper42
level4
level4

Postby Cooper42 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:13 pm

Spread out, and hope the player is distracted enough not to use it manually...
Emptying a full armour right up close sometimes works, but at big loss.
Flame turrets are a completely different kettle of fish. Don't go anywhere near them. Airstrike, nuke, meteors or squads will do...

Car bombs are by far the best solution on assault maps, where they're in infinite supply. Two well placed explosions

Just make sure you've got it all rigged up properly, else the canisters won't blow and some Glaswegian guy will be holding down and beating on your DGs as they try to run screaming on fire...
Whoever you vote for, the government wins.
Bloody Shame
level1
level1

Postby Bloody Shame » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:41 am

If you want to have a turret cover a wide area put it on a peak or a hill. This way it can hit soul destroyers and other baddies and have a slightly higher chance of surviving an airstrike.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:00 am

Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:13 pm

Stop. Doing. That.
lex
level0

Postby lex » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:18 pm

I think by far the best way to deal with turrets is to send one empty Armour right on top of it so it can't really shoot properly and then empty another full Armour slightly behind

normally the turret either cant really do anything, or blows up one, hopefully the closer one

you lose a few multiwinians but it could be worse. Except when it turns into a self car bomb then it's kind of bad
Jordy...
level5
level5

Postby Jordy... » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:29 pm

Place your armour right on top of the turret, if you have one, and let the enemy mw's throw grenades on it without the turret being able to shoot it down, the grenades and carexplosion together will take out the turret.

But by far the best strategy I think is too leave the turret position for what it is and focus somehwere else. If you got a turret to place, create an area of denial for your enemy so that he get's pressed into a uncomfortable position.
Uplinkport
level1
level1

Postby Uplinkport » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:03 pm

Yeah, I just get multiwinians to carpool in some armor, then blow it up and watch them burn.
:twisted:
Oh, and I still own the CPU on Hard.
Not that that's much of an accomplishment, really.

The most logical solution is to have a whole bunch of multiwinians get into the armor, and then send it headlong into the turret.
Then send a formation towards the turret.
If the turret is stupid enough, it will go for the armor. Armor usualy pulls more aggro then formations do.
The armor blows up, sometimes, and its sad. :cry:
But Trust Me! Turrets are way worth the sacrifice!
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:16 am

wow, thats a high casualty approach. And one that will never work in multiplayer.
Now if you blew up the armor and killed the DG gunners, that would be better. If not immoral.
Uplinkport
level1
level1

Postby Uplinkport » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:55 pm

I usualy deploy my troops as I am moving towards the turret, so most of them aren't destroyed. Sorry, I didn't mention that I only use that strategy on Dog Green sector.

Return to “Strategy and Tactics”