Post here your opening moves!

Discuss winning strategies to slaughter those enemy stickmen!

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

Cyan.
level3
level3

Post here your opening moves!

Postby Cyan. » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:56 pm

To start this topic, I'll post one possible opening move for the map Eternal Guardians, DOM.

1: Move all your beginning mwg's to your closest sawn at your side, meanwhile redirect some of them, to make sure the other guys doesn't get the middle spawn. This can be done with halve the numbers of what he is moving to the middle spawn.

2: Go to your next spawn at your side with 3-5 mwg's, send the rest of your troops to spawn in the middle farest from your homespawn.

3: Send your new reinforcements to the farest spawn and make sure you get it and it will be save, don't mind the other middle spawn.

4: When you get the farest spawn move your reinforcements to the closest middle spawn, eventually the trees will be burned and the spawn will be lost now make sure your oppenent doesn't get it for as long as possible meanwhile using the advantage of an extra spawn.

NOTE: Make sure your opppenent doesn't get his middle spawn too easy or he will be sending mwg's to your spawns ruiining this strategy, when you don't get your middle spawn try to set fire at the trees in the middle as quick as possible.

In general

Afcourse there will be lots of variations to a certain opening move and you can never predict what your enemy will do, but this topic is ment to inspire (new) people and give them some grip for maps they never or barely played.
Try to give the clear basics and when someone has a comment on something please open a new topic, so that this topic will be synoptic and clear.

On a personal note, I am very intrested in opening moves for BLITZ and ASSAULT, because I never really learned to play these modes well and with BLITZ it seems to me that the best thing to do is to save up your forces and not unnecessary spill any.

Cyan
aldaris
level1
level1

Postby aldaris » Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:41 pm

Universal: Rush any spawn you can get to with just enough DWGs to keep it runnig.
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:04 pm

D2-D4. Dunno about you though...

Oh! MW! For CTS, my first 40 MWs go straight to the capture point. The next 20 from each spawn point go to the nearest statute spawn from that spawn point. The next 40 go middle, and then after that it depends on who's doing what.

NeoThermic
ynbniar
level5
level5

Postby ynbniar » Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:48 pm

On CTS I always look out for opponent(s) forgetting to defend their spawns and will try to send a ninja group in...sometimes you don't need many MWs to capture a spawn...
pr1mus
level0

Postby pr1mus » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:58 pm

actually, 5 may be better than three. gives you critical seconds so maybe some will spawn.

personally I dont count, so long as there is at least three.

Return to “Strategy and Tactics”