mass column?

Discuss winning strategies to slaughter those enemy stickmen!

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

have you had success with the mass column?

Poll ended at Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:04 am

yes
17%
no
83%

Total votes: 6
strategist101
level0

mass column?

Postby strategist101 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:04 am

try to use alot of formations to make a 1 formation-wide column, try in attack and defence
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:49 am

You posted the same thing twice, only this time... with a poll!

First, you can edit something that you have posted. That is what the edit button is for. I am pretty sure that you can even add a poll to a topic. Second, if you cannot add a poll to something you have posted, then you can easily delete something that you post if no one has responded to it. Thus, I recommend that you delete your other topic, pronto. Third, it helps if you are clear about what you are saying. If you can't spend the time to form a clear idea, and put it into words in an intelligible manner (including the use of good grammar, spelling, and punctuation), then why do you expect anyone else to put the time into reading what you wrote? Fun fact: if you spend a little extra time making something legible, you save everyone else the effort of figuring out what you are trying to say, and you are more likely to (a) get people to read what you wrote, and (b) get on topic responses. Finally, if you don't have a really interesting question, with the possibility of numerous good replies, then you really don't want to post a poll. For instance, I am not sure why this is a poll -- yes/no questions generally do not make good polls. For examples of good polls, I suggest that you search for the user "jelco the galactaboy" on the main forum, and look through some of his earlier posts.

xander
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Re: mass column?

Postby Mas Tnega » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:17 pm

strategist101 wrote:try to use alot of formations to make a 1 formation-wide column, try in attack and defence
Grenades, airstrikes, and exploding armours happened.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:22 pm

jelco the galactaboy wrote:
xander wrote:For examples of good polls, I suggest that you search for the user "jelco the galactaboy" on the main forum, and look through some of his earlier posts.

As long as you don't search for my polls in the Darwinia forums, that is. :P

Jelco

I thought I was pretty clear on that score. ;)

xander
TheRileyDuo
level1
level1

Postby TheRileyDuo » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:19 pm

This would only work against the normal turrets, as the rocket and the flame turret are area effects.
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:31 pm

Even then formations are slower than normal DGs, a single formation attacking the front flanked by a line of DGs on either side attacking at right angles to the turret is much better, if a little harder to organise.
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Return to “Strategy and Tactics”