Domination: Tortoise and the Hare

Discuss winning strategies to slaughter those enemy stickmen!

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

Donat
level1
level1

Domination: Tortoise and the Hare

Postby Donat » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:59 pm

Domination is about tactic more then mass. A person can have over 3-4 spawn points and still be overwhelmed, that said mass is an important key to wining.

The opening move you want to perform while doing Domination is to fan out. Even if you reach that spawn next to you first, you'll loose 5 mutiwinians to start the spawn while the other tribe will have a full start and take you out quickly before anyone comes to your aid.

Its better to send 5 to one spawn, 5 to another, 5 to the middle then start massing from your first spawn near another spawn to take it when they start. That way, if you have at least two of the spawns you can move quickly.

Another key to victory is stopping the opposing tribe's spawn. While you may have fewer Mutiwinians you can still come out on top, while the other tribe has two full formations coming your way. Hold down left click and select about 10-20, Run them around the back of their formations to the spawn and take out the controlers so they loose spawns, you can even take it over.

Power ups: Power ups can both help and hinder your progress, even ones you have. An armor is the best one by far, you can go across the map in relative secrecy and take some one's spawn from behind while their not looking.

The next best is the harvester, it gets you units fast.

Honestly, Anthills and Dark forests hinder more then help unless you are facing some one who has ALOT more spawns then you do. A dark forest at a spawn is a great way to stop some one from transversing an area or killing a spawn so no one can use it, but this means you can not use it either. The anthill currently stops anyone from getting a spawn, so it may not be worth using.

in the end though, the main point is to keep them from getting your spawns, as long as you can spawn Multiwinians you can survive. Though its not as fun as getting retribution, you can still come out on top.
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:56 pm

Nitpick: 3 Multiwinians are enough to capture a spawnpoint.
Donat
level1
level1

Postby Donat » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:48 am

bert_the_turtle wrote:Nitpick: 3 Multiwinians are enough to capture a spawnpoint.

True, but 2 more will still flock to wait and run the machine. Thus wasting the darwinians
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:03 am

Not if you explicitly send them elsewhere.
Cyan.
level3
level3

Postby Cyan. » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:24 pm

One thing I like about a dark forest is that a dark forest on a spwan is impossible to defend. especialy in Domination this comes in handy. Just gather some Multiwinias upfront a dark forest and the other player is sending his troops right away anyway so then you can easily take over. Atleast that is my experience.
CryingWolf
level1
level1

Postby CryingWolf » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:12 pm

IMO, Dark forest's ain't really that bad, they dont suck that many souls, so its possible to keep spawn's with Dark Forest's around them :D
As long as you check every so often to make sure you got enough MWG on the spawn points!
I ALWAYS have a quick look to see what my enemys are doing before I split, if i see one side sending half towards the empty spawn point and NO-ONE from the other enemy going to the other one, I send a few MWG to cap the Easy to get one and send the rest towards the fight and way point towards it, No point tying up Starter MWG to caping a spawn point if thier aint going to be a challenge over it. Although, for some reason, my last couple fights always to be all out against me :(
Pinky
level2
level2

Postby Pinky » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:40 am

Actually, dark forests can occasionally help the defender. I've seen it in two different situations.

1. Dog Green Sector. Final Point. Two turrets left, Dark forest over the top of it. Both turrets remained fully manned, and then the defender had to trek through the trees to get to them.

2. Domination map (I forget which) Final spawn. Missed all the MWs readying for a final stand, making the area pretty impervious to assault (actually this is a good use of formations - keeping your MWs in line, so they're not wandering into trees). Of course, then it got hit with a meteor shower. (They missed the MWs too, but it set the trees on fire.)

Return to “Strategy and Tactics”