Manual turret control. Use it!

Discuss winning strategies to slaughter those enemy stickmen!

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

Covak
level1
level1

Manual turret control. Use it!

Postby Covak » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:18 am

One thing I don't see enough people doing is taking direct control of their turrets.

Absolutely essential!

They're approximately 1000x more effect when you take control. Their range exceeds their automatic targeting radius. Aim low and sweep.
Covak
Pox
level5
level5

Postby Pox » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:45 am

Yup, if you've got nothing better to do, it's great fun, and much more effective.
Flame turrets are the ultimate sadism device... I dominated zanzer7 off the map in CTS last night, and spent 5 minutes with all officers pointing DGs to my flame turret, and my flame turret racking up friendly fire. It had -1048 kills by the end of it.
http://pox.cerebrojd.net/multiwinia/screenshot89.jpg
zach
level5
level5

Postby zach » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:38 am

Pity you didn't get a shot of the actual count.

Also, I had a spawn point completely infected with The Plague - no wonder I lost by so embarrasingly much :(
rainingblood
level1
level1

Postby rainingblood » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:01 am

While manually controlling a turret, the crosshair makes some funny moves from time to time... As if my mouse had some sensitivity issues, the crosshair seems to teleport behind the turret, which is quite annoying !
Cabbage
level2
level2

Postby Cabbage » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:11 am

rainingblood wrote:While manually controlling a turret, the crosshair makes some funny moves from time to time... As if my mouse had some sensitivity issues, the crosshair seems to teleport behind the turret, which is quite annoying !

Also, it takes in the few seconds between you clicking and actually taking control the turret is inactive, so I usually leave it up to my Multiwinians. Exceptions are:
-When the turret is blowing up all my guys.
-When the turret is targetting enemy Multiwinians instead of the armour dropping them.
-When there's stuff to burn. FIRE! Fiiiire! Heh, he he, ha ha ha!
rainingblood
level1
level1

Postby rainingblood » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:27 am

Cabbage wrote: FIRE! Fiiiire! Heh, he he, ha ha ha!

Agreed :D
MasterBoo
level1
level1

Postby MasterBoo » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:49 am

rainingblood wrote:While manually controlling a turret, the crosshair makes some funny moves from time to time... As if my mouse had some sensitivity issues, the crosshair seems to teleport behind the turret, which is quite annoying !

\
Happens a lot to me too, which causes me sometimes to hit my MWGs behind the turret and waste critical time in which the enemy can be destroyed :\
Pinky
level2
level2

Postby Pinky » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:26 am

Manual control of turrets is possibly one of the best things about the game.

Because of the discrepancy between targeting range and bullet range, on an assault map I was able to attack my opponent while he grouped his troops to attack.
Davman
level1
level1

Postby Davman » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:18 pm

I find it really handy on the assault map: Dog Green Sector. Take control of the turrets near the satellite dishes, and then you can blast the defending multiwinians out from under their turrets at the top of the hill, stops them from attacking you and frees up those turrets to capture!
Davman
Puzzlemaker
level2
level2

Postby Puzzlemaker » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:43 pm

Davman wrote:I find it really handy on the assault map: Dog Green Sector. Take control of the turrets near the satellite dishes, and then you can blast the defending multiwinians out from under their turrets at the top of the hill, stops them from attacking you and frees up those turrets to capture!

Yeup, that's how I win. Makes it really easy. Of course if you are fighting someone good they airstrike it the second it's taken.
Phevnil
level1
level1

Postby Phevnil » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:06 pm

I once used a flame turret to light my own guys on fire so that I could send suicide squads out to set all the armies on fire. It worked I burned down three huge computer armies with just a bit of frendly fire 8D.
[insert outrageously funny/insightful comment here]
zach
level5
level5

Postby zach » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:53 pm

You have no soul.
Phelanpt
level5
level5

Postby Phelanpt » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:56 pm

Phevnil wrote:I once used a flame turret to light my own guys on fire so that I could send suicide squads out to set all the armies on fire. It worked I burned down three huge computer armies with just a bit of frendly fire 8D.

Disregarding the soul issue, don't burning multiwinians stop obeying orders?
Miktor
level1
level1

Postby Miktor » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:37 pm

zanzer7 wrote:You have no soul.

Apparently i'm not the only one who have feelings for Darwinians/Multiwinians...
Pox
level5
level5

Postby Pox » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:36 pm

Phelanpt wrote:
Phevnil wrote:I once used a flame turret to light my own guys on fire so that I could send suicide squads out to set all the armies on fire. It worked I burned down three huge computer armies with just a bit of frendly fire 8D.

Disregarding the soul issue, don't burning multiwinians stop obeying orders?

Disregarding the orders issue, do burning darwinians really set other darwinians alight?

Return to “Strategy and Tactics”