Grenades

Discuss winning strategies to slaughter those enemy stickmen!

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

Cyan.
level3
level3

Grenades

Postby Cyan. » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:50 am

Anyone discovered anything about the grenades that is not random?

Like attacking a formation from behind highers the chance to throw grenades or something?
Shwart!!
level5
level5

Postby Shwart!! » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:07 am

You'd have to ask Icepick, but I believe that the chance of firing a secondary weapon is constant- probably around 1/50 per attack. And thus, it is always random.

Shwart!!
Phelanpt
level5
level5

Postby Phelanpt » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:20 pm

Actually, I think I see them throw more grenades when there are more enemies, and more lasers when there are few.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:40 pm

When they were enemies in one direction, and a futurewinian UFO in the other, my MWs threw a billion grenades at neither.
Vergerus
level1
level1

Postby Vergerus » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:54 pm

I've noticed that they seem to throw together/in waves. I rarely see just one Multiwinian throw a single grenade. If you have a big pack of guys, they seem to like throwing 3+ all at once rather than steadily over time, which is a little annoying because if the enemy's guys decide to throw a barrage sooner than yours you really get the shaft in that fight. Anybody else noticed this tendency? In my opinion it would be nice if the grenade throwing was a little more predictable/regular.
Vergerus
level1
level1

Postby Vergerus » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:18 pm

jelco the galactaboy wrote:Nope, never seen this as exclusive behaviour. That is, this can happen sometimes, but at other times it's pretty balanced when they decide to throw. And DGs definitely throw grenades on their own. ;)

Jelco

Oh yes, they certainly do throw on their own but it's very uncommon. That's not exactly surprising though given the low probability of throwing and a low number of multiwinians (or just one.)

I will try and fraps some large fights and make a better analysis of grenade throwing tendencies.
Puzzlemaker
level2
level2

Postby Puzzlemaker » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:41 pm

I think it has to do with line of sight. In fact, I am almost certain. When they are in range and lose line of sight, they tend to throw a grenade. So when an enemy suddenly dips out of line of sight, usually more then one guy throws a grenade.

At least, that's my theory; I noticed it happens a lot more when the enemy is moving away/moving around a lot. It could also be a certain range makes them more likely to throw grenades.
N3tRunn3r
level1
level1

Postby N3tRunn3r » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:24 pm

it is very simple to throw greandes from a group.
:P

i do not want to tell you the whole story but i think just words will guess you how to do
:P

- group
- disable group while your 1st 2 lines shoot
- greandes be thrown of all who fired

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

lol

and if your Multiwinians are not grouped together they really randomly throw grenades.
but i do not understand why they are throwing grenades against the UFO's beam 0o
Greendingbat
level1
level1

Postby Greendingbat » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:02 pm

I belive theh prob of throwing a grenade increases with the number on MWG in the army
i know groups fire less grenades
that stratagy posted before me is a good one
they throw grenades at stuff they cant hit becase the are naive and freaked out
ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US
lorant
level1
level1

Postby lorant » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:05 pm

Yes, I've noticed that when two formations fight each other, suddenly ungrouping yours is often enough to take the advantage, as several grenades will be launched.

Maybe that's something to try against anthills...
N3tRunn3r
level1
level1

Postby N3tRunn3r » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:20 pm

lorant wrote:
Maybe that's something to try against anthills...

works sometimes... it is really random if your group hits the anthill..
they aim an ant, shoot at it :arrow: that ant has to be in its hill 0o, well an ant which is moving out of his hill :arrow: throw grenade, hit hill

it is very difficult
rainingblood
level1
level1

Postby rainingblood » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:10 pm

Multiwinians are really stupid :D

Dariwinians ftw ! At least they know how tu use a grenade :roll:
Donat
level1
level1

Postby Donat » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:16 pm

Meh, i've found the 'years' of war and lazer shooting have kept the multiwinians much like the darwinians. They still freak out after shooting a lazer (which is fun) and run the hell away when there are grenades. They only sit there and take it in formations.

As for grenades, I think it has to do with the concentration and relative proximity. a huge formation will have alot of them in one area when broken off, and normaly is just the right distance to lob a grenade, while normally when shooting lazers they just shoot and run constantly changing the distance from the target.
Kuth
level4
level4

Postby Kuth » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:47 am

I just saw something like five darwinians decide to throw grenades at a jellyfish when it was in close proximity to the ground. Might be a coincidence that all the random factors combined for them to throw them all...

...but when I've grouped them in one spot to go against an anthill (not in formation), not one of them threw a grenade at the ants.

So it's kind of a random thing. I guess if they know there's a large threat they'll throw a grenade at it. I suppose they just don't see anthills as a 'large threat'.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:49 am

Kuth wrote:...jellyfish...

*cough*sporegenerator*cough*

xander

Return to “Strategy and Tactics”