Opening moves

Discuss winning strategies to slaughter those enemy stickmen!

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

aldaris
level1
level1

Opening moves

Postby aldaris » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:48 am

I just played a few rounds in the demo and found that one of the opening moves in a large domination map is to send a single spawn group of multiwinnians to each nearby spawnpoint.
The CPU focusses on the control points, ignoring your foothold, posistion a formation on the edge of the control point with its back to the spawn, wait for a while, than move forward and mop up.

Keep the formation on the CP, and once you have enough MWGs, make a new one and use that to charge the nnemy on as many fronts as possible.

Beta testers may now flame me for my stupidity.
aldaris
level1
level1

Re: Opening moves

Postby aldaris » Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:31 pm

jelco the galactaboy wrote:
aldaris wrote:Beta testers may now flame me for my stupidity.

Why? There isn't anything stupid about posting tactics. ;)

Jelco

meh, I was expecting my little find to be negated by some other tactic.
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:19 pm

Nope. Qonquering spawns fast without a fight is one of the keys to victory in all modes that have them. Three guys are enough to activate a spawn point, by the way. And one guy is enough to get points from a hill. I always make sure I send one to each hill I can reach first; sure, they'll get killed eventually, but it's almost free points.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:51 pm

If there's a far out spawn and a load of others along the way, send everyone towards to that one and have MWs break off for the others as you go.

Prime Example: Eternal Guardians.

As for counter moves, attacking the other guy's original spawn is about the only thing that comes to mind, and most of the time it's a very silly one.
skull13
level3
level3

Postby skull13 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:08 pm

You would be surprised. If Assault has taught me anything, its that often, your MWGs go unopposed, sent in by armor to the center of the enemy base. (Okay, the turrets chew them up, but thats it.) We aren't of course talking about assault, but Armor is good for deep strikes.
Puzzlemaker
level2
level2

Postby Puzzlemaker » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:35 pm

It only takes three guys to secure a spawn. In the start of the game, send three to six guys to every spawn near you. Then use the rest of your troops as you see fit, but only in battles you can win.

Return to “Strategy and Tactics”