Attacking Beyond the Pale

Discuss winning strategies to slaughter those enemy stickmen!

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

Xocrates
level5
level5

Attacking Beyond the Pale

Postby Xocrates » Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:10 am

Since this seems to be the hardest map to attack on Assault, I thought to create this topic for people to share their best tactics for it.

So, what are you successful, or not so successful, stories on this map?
Cabbage
level2
level2

Postby Cabbage » Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:37 am

Well, in the only game I've played on it, my WMD discharged literally seconds before he got my last control panel, thanks to some turrets I got from crates. The lesson being that hunting for crates is important. Also, don't lose your armours. Especially not in a stupid way, like, say, leaving them next to those bomb things while you're blowing them up.
Speaking of which, what are those? In the game I played I destroyed them before they could do anything.
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:06 am

It's a pretty tough map, if the defenders know what they are doing it seems like the attackers are at the mercy of the crates (come on nukes!).
Pinky
level2
level2

Postby Pinky » Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:59 am

jelco the galactaboy wrote:
Cabbage wrote:Also, I noticed that he had some bomb-like things, which I destroyed before they could do anything. What are those?

They're Wall Busters. Darwinians can carry them like they carry statues (i.e. you can select and order Darwinians around while they're carrying them). Let them walk into a wall with one of those and it will blow the wall to shreds, while keeping your own stickmen intact. :) They're a good way to avoid standoffs with turret-reinforced chokeholds - blow up a piece of the wall next to it and take the side-entrance you just created. ;)

Jelco

Incorrect. They kill the Multiwinians around the bomb, as well as any of the walls.
Hankyaku
level0

Beyond the pale

Postby Hankyaku » Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:05 pm

It seems, that I have to bring this topic up, as I also have problems with this map... I managed to ge through the rest, but this one in 15 minutes???
The best result I got was getting 3 stations. But at that occasion I got kinda 2 nukes, 2 ant nests, and also a meteor shower.
It's not that hard to get to the first station, but when you do not receive anything, it's nearly impossible to get through the 4 towers. Still usually I don't have problems with that. The major issue is that it consumes a lot of time. After that I go through the satellite dishes, but hey.. whenever I lost a load of multiwinians due to the towers, I need at LEAST a minute before reinforcements could arrive. And one wave ain't enough for anything...
So anybody out there with a good idea? Also a mod which would give armor should help ? :roll:
Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:37 pm

jelco wrote:
Cabbage wrote:Also, I noticed that he had some bomb-like things, which I destroyed before they could do anything. What are those?

They're Wall Busters. Darwinians can carry them like they carry statues (i.e. you can select and order Darwinians around while they're carrying them). Let them walk into a wall with one of those and it will blow the wall to shreds, while keeping your own stickmen intact. :) They're a good way to avoid standoffs with turret-reinforced chokeholds - blow up a piece of the wall next to it and take the side-entrance you just created. ;)

Jelco

Wrong. As of several patches ago, detonating a wall buster results in a nuclear explosion, killing all stickmen in the area of the blast radius.

And the wall busters? Their only giant grenades...

Return to “Strategy and Tactics”