A guide to the behaviour of the Virus Creatures

General discussion about Game Play

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:16 am

NeatNit: You are incorrect. SDs can hatch from eggs.

Aeshi: How do you figure that there is any difference between "regular" eggs and "level 2" eggs? The distinction that you make simply does not exist.

xander
Aeshi
level1
level1

Postby Aeshi » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:59 am

I've never seen SDs,Ants or Spores hatch from eggs right off the bat unless they were fired from Triffids.It's always the eggs that came out of those eggs that spawned them.
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:07 am

Generally it takes a very long time for SD's to spawn, but I can assure you there is only one type of egg.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:40 pm

Aeshi wrote:I've never seen SDs,Ants or Spores hatch from eggs right off the bat unless they were fired from Triffids.It's always the eggs that came out of those eggs that spawned them.

The fact that you have never seen it happen does not mean that it doesn't ever happen.

xander
Shwart!!
level5
level5

Postby Shwart!! » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:06 pm

There used to be such a distinction between eggs, xander. I don't know if there still is, but originally there were limits on what the first eggs could spawn. Virii, DGs, Spiders, and Eggs, as I recall. I documented it once upon a time. The second eggs could spawn anything, as a result of not having settings other than default. They also had default timers, much longer than the 4 seconds or so on spawned eggs. Those were bugs. Perhaps the behaviour of all eggs was changed somewhere along the line, in line with these second eggs. I would not know, having not checked recently (meaning since release).
There was once merit to Aeshi's comment about eggs. If there is no longer such merit, it is irregular that he would see it, but I know such behaviour used to exist.

Shwart!!
Aeshi
level1
level1

Postby Aeshi » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:10 pm

I updated the Eggs section,sorry about that
Bloody Shame
level1
level1

Postby Bloody Shame » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:51 am

Why the hell would they get rid of them? There awesome! Come to think of it I haven't gotten any soul destroyers recently eather. Hmmm...
Tom.K
level1
level1
Location: The Universe / Milky Way / Solar System / Earth / Europe / Croatia

Postby Tom.K » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:59 pm

Yeah, they are awesome. Now, how it would be awesome if you get 5 eggs per your owned base, then they hatch another egg and then every 3rd egg hatches a soul destroyer on your base?

BTW, Does ants hatch on 1st level of eggs? In mw sandbox map, triffids are firing eggs which hatch only souls. After 2-4 fired eggs, triffids burn by some reason...
Spybot-S&D 2.0 Alpha Tester

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”