Player Ant Nests? (Not what you think)

General discussion about Game Play

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

Gahlik
level1
level1

Player Ant Nests? (Not what you think)

Postby Gahlik » Sun May 31, 2009 5:09 pm

As rare, quite possibly not even happened yet, as this may be, I have a question.

If a majority of Evil ants from an ant nest dies, and one player happens to get lucky enough to get a bunch of ants, can the player's ants take over the nest? Or will they just attack it?

Just wondering. I've been trying to do it forever, but Ant eggs are rare. Also, player Ants are next to useless, and I don't really see why they would even be there, unless they can do this?
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:57 am

You mean ants from eggs? The only real use for them is to provide a distraction to the enemy.

You can increase the chances of getting your eggs and ants nests by copying one of the IV maps and adding all powerups to InvalidCrates except for ant nests and eggs. I am pretty sure what your suggesting will not happen though.
Gahlik
level1
level1

Postby Gahlik » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:15 pm

Not suggesting it as a feature, just wondering if it is actually possible for it to happen with the current coding.

I seriously doubt it, but might as well ask, since I can't get enough ants in-game.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:07 pm

I cannot happen.

xander
NeatNit
level5
level5

Postby NeatNit » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:26 pm

Why not? In Darwinia, if one nest is destroyed the ants took the souls to another nest, didn't they? Why can't the same happen in Multiwinia?
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:29 pm

Because Darwinia and Multiwinia are not the same game.

xander
Marquise Fishy TGF McGraw
level1
level1
Location: A Bowl placed atop a hill, eyes that never blink, always watching, always watching...

Postby Marquise Fishy TGF McGraw » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:09 pm

It's probably just ignoring them because they're on the wrong team.
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:00 pm

NeatNit wrote:Why not? In Darwinia, if one nest is destroyed the ants took the souls to another nest, didn't they? Why can't the same happen in Multiwinia?

If an ant took green souls to an ant nest, green ants dont spawn. All ant nests do is spawn ants of the designated colour. They don't interact with anything except their own spawned ants (and all thay do is prevent the nest from dying).

On a side note, request that when ants are hit by subversion bullets, they get converted.

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”