Fixing assault

General discussion about Game Play

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

spacebug
level1
level1

Postby spacebug » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:57 am

In the manual it describes assault as "One player’s team must defend a bomb...the other team
must attack...
Play then switches around and the attacker becomes the defender and vice versa. The winner is the player who successfully attacks in the quickest time."

Is this an error? Or does this actually happen, and if so, how? My games have never switched the teams, and the timer is always fixed.

For me, fixing assault would be to implement the description in the manual and see which player sucks more!
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:59 am

Nope, this is a bug in the manual, or a missing implementation, depends on how you look at it. And I would agree.
elexis
level5
level5

Postby elexis » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:53 am

It is an interesting concept though, and it may get more people to play assault. Perhaps make it an option?
jvuren
level0

Attacking a turret with only ground troops

Postby jvuren » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:05 am

I realize I'm coming to the discussion a little late, but I just discovered Multiwinia and have been having a great time figuring out different strategies for the various scenarios. When playing the Fort Zulu Assault scenario as an attacker, pick one of the turrets on the corner of the outer wall of the fort as your target. Do not order your troops to bunch up in front your spawn point before ordering them to move to the turret you want to attack. Do not order your troops to march to the turret itself. Instead, position the selector arrow in between the two groups of troops at one of your spawn points and select as many soldiers as possible. Notice how spread out your selected soldiers are - the goal is to keep them this spread out on their way to the target turret. Order your selected soldiers to move to a destination that is well past the turret you want them to attack, but so that their route of travel goes right through the turret you want them to attack. Your troops will not begin bunching up until they reach their destination which is past the turret you want your troops to attack. Wait until your troops get close to the turret or all around the turret before re-selecting them and ordering them onto the turret itself. Since your troops are not bunched together, the turret can't get them all before your troops get in range and begin killing off the soldiers manning the turret.

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”