Worst way you ever lost

General discussion about Game Play

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

aldaris
level1
level1

Worst way you ever lost

Postby aldaris » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:32 pm

As the title says, what is the most infuriating way you ever lost a game?
For me, at this point, it was when the futerewinnians landed at my main spawnpoint and took over my entire territory.
Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:38 pm

I don't really get angry when I lose, but a game last night where I had a dark forest and plague my main spawn point was a little irritating.
RabidZombie
level5
level5

Postby RabidZombie » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:08 pm

When Chris Delay crashing/rage quitting (I'm sure it was the former :wink: ) while I was in the lead by a statue with 4 minutes on the timer.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:34 pm

Both times in a coop game where I was the only one on my side in DOM on The Holy Tree, with only one spawn:

First time, the host didn't seem to think I liked the idea of running around the map, seeing how long I could delay them, take a new point, and try holding them off from there, so they said "gg" and quit. Some people just can't stand playing a sadistic endgame.

Second time, Futurewinians came and I couldn't be arsed to heed their "OMG STOP THEM OR THEY'LL DOOM US ALL!". And so "gg", quit. One word for that: Pansy.
Aegis Tyra
level1
level1

Postby Aegis Tyra » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:24 pm

Capture teh Statue - Dark forest, plague and then evilwinians. All droppepd right on my start spawn point. All dropping right on top of large clusters of red Darwinians. :evil: Fix crate balancer plz. Kthxbai.
MarvintheParanoidAndroid
level3
level3

Postby MarvintheParanoidAndroid » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:22 pm

Capture the Statue - I was in last place with 2 statues, the leader had 4. I then proceeded to dominate the map entirely, and as the round end counter ticked down, I had a good 3 or 4 statues en-route to my base... somewhere I have a lovely screenshot of 3 of them sat RIGHT OUTSIDE THE CAPTURE ZONE as the timer hit zero... 10 more seconds and it would've been a glorious victory :(
Pinky
level2
level2

Postby Pinky » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:07 am

Aegis Tyra wrote:Capture teh Statue - Dark forest, plague and then evilwinians. All droppepd right on my start spawn point. All dropping right on top of large clusters of red Darwinians. :evil: Fix crate balancer plz. Kthxbai.

The crates are balanced, but you'll still get games like this. In one game I got:
Futurewinians
Deploy Ant Nest
Evilwinians
Dark Forest
Viral Outbreak

and in one Assault the attacker got Nukes, Napalm, Meteors, Subversion, and a Dark Forest. And then I opened an auto ant nest.

The most incredible thing about that game was that I still won. Oh, and ants ignore walls.
Pox
level5
level5

Postby Pox » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:20 am

Defending DGS against zanzer7... managed to hold him off right to the end. 20 seconds on the clock, I still had the last turret firing... he uses Rage on a large group of darwinians and rushes me. Lost with 3 seconds on the clock. :(
Unit13
level1
level1

Postby Unit13 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:12 pm

I was on a Demo Version at the time. I joined a multiplayer game and the guys before me teamed up against me. I couldn't get any rocket pannels I had to make defs.
Unit13
level1
level1

Postby Unit13 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:15 pm

I was on a Demo Version at the time. I joined a multiplayer game and the guys before me teamed up against me. I couldn't get any rocket pannels I had to make defs.
Major Cooke
level4
level4

Postby Major Cooke » Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:19 pm

First I was playing against a real-life friend. I rush spawn points as fast as possible, and then send them straight into enemy territory to disrupt their defenses.

On the secondary isle where no spawn points are occupied, I began to rush my friend's recently covered spawn, while their struggling to open crates. The next thing I knew, about THREE FUCKING INFECTION CRATES broke open in my main spawn island, so I had to redirect all my attention to my main island where I started off. Hax. This was from cratemania too.
spacebug
level1
level1

Postby spacebug » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:38 pm

Most frustrating game for me was one where I get knocked out of the game, and THEN the only retributions I get were Magical Forests. Nothing to set them on fire with. No bugs. Just pretty glowing things to hurl at my enemies! I think I got about four of them in a row and then thankfully the game ended.
Aeshi
level1
level1

Postby Aeshi » Sun May 17, 2009 10:34 am

A RR game where all the solar panels were overrun with one or more of the following:

-Ant nests
-Evilwinians
-Dark Forests (ones that had grown nearly enough to cover the whole island)

Had to quit because nobody could capture the panels.
JacaByte
level0

Postby JacaByte » Wed May 27, 2009 4:11 pm

Assault. The Baleful Eye. Apparently that map is terribly unbalanced in the attacker's favor. What's more, that was the first time the attacker had played on that map...
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Wed May 27, 2009 4:16 pm

Err, umm, no. You just need to stop/slow down the wall busters and keep your gun stations manned. It's actually a quite well balanced map. Sure you mean Baleful Eye and not Dog Green Sector?

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”