General discussion about Game Play

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

Crimson
level1
level1

Perpetual Stalemates

Postby Crimson » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:57 pm

I loled.

The Holy Tree (DOM), Four Players, No Time Limits, and No Crates or Retribution = A Perpetual Cycle.

I had just played a game of such standards, And I've got to say, I'm oh so glad IV Included Crates. All Four Players were Reasonably Strategic. Within the first few minutes the Fourth Player was eliminated and Only three remained. So then there became three standings, One Main Power (5-6 Spawns), One Minor Power (3-4 Spawns), and the Least Power (1 Spawn). The Minor Power can't take the Main Power Alone and can't take on the Least Power because the Main power would take advantage of his weakened defense, yet the Main power couldn't take the Least Power because all of his forces were Clogging the choke point the Main power has to take. So the Minor and Least powers team up and take down the Main Power, who then becomes the Least Power, the Minor power becomes the Main power, and the Least power becomes the Minor Power. Rinse and Repeat.

The only ending factor was my boredom, as the Minor Power I Decided "Forget it" and attacked the Least power, then, Promptly, I was wiped out by the Major power.

It just goes to show, IV has really Made the right decisions regarding gameplay.

Anyone else ever get perpetually stuck in one of these Cycles? :lol:
Puzzlemaker
level2
level2

Postby Puzzlemaker » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:54 pm

Yeah, it happens if you don't have crates. Tis annoying.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:32 pm

If there's no crates, you're not playing Multiwinia. You're playing Inevitable Meatgrinder 5.
Donat
level1
level1

Postby Donat » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:10 pm

I think no timelimit breaks the game... As long as the balance of power is maintained it can be hard to win.
aldaris
level1
level1

Postby aldaris » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:37 pm

Donat wrote:I think no timelimit breaks the game... As long as the balance of power is maintained it can be hard to win.

That, and if you have crates without timelimit the futerwinians will in all likelihood kick everyone's ass.
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:44 pm

Lies. The Futurewinians might have subversion but they're still dumb.
Crimson
level1
level1

Postby Crimson » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:04 am

Mas Tnega wrote:If there's no crates, you're not playing Multiwinia. You're playing Inevitable Meatgrinder 5.

Good point.

The whole Series went downhill after Inevitable Meatgrinder 4 :(

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”