How do eggs\Virii work?

General discussion about Game Play

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

mehoo462
level2
level2

How do eggs\Virii work?

Postby mehoo462 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:09 pm

So I get eggs, I discovered that the things that pop out are associated with my team. So it's useful to put them in an area I'de like to defend.

But I sometimes the stuff from the the eggs gets big and crazy like, and sometimes it's kind of piddly and the enemy runs right over it.

I understand that eggs hatch into random scary things, sometimes more eggs, and sometimes soul destroyers hatch out of these secondary eggs. After this initial batch of eggs (and the possible secondary batch) will your managerie of scary things ever produce more eggs?

And finally, how to Virii reproduce? I see the little white eggs. Sometimes they have souls, sometimes they don't. Usually the DGs lasers are pretty good at wiping out virii, but occasionally i've bumped into a huge cluster of virii that required a significant effort to eliminate.

Any details?
xyzyxx
level5
level5

Postby xyzyxx » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:21 pm

The only things that can create Eggs are Triffids and the Eggs powerup.

The little white eggs are called Spores, and they are dropped by the flying jellyfish and spiders. Virii reproduce by carrying fallen souls and depositing them into these Spores.
Some people talk because they have something to say. Others talk because they have to say something.
mehoo462
level2
level2

Postby mehoo462 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:37 pm

oh i get it. So the virii attack the DGs and take their souls back to the spores?
xyzyxx
level5
level5

Postby xyzyxx » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:40 pm

Yeah, but of course they don't always need to kill things to get souls. :)
Some people talk because they have something to say. Others talk because they have to say something.
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:41 pm

Or any souls generally, but yeah. Then after the spores sit there with a soul in for long enough, they hatch into about 5 or 6 more virii.

Centipedes eat souls to grow longer, spiders and spore generators lay spores (I'm not sure but I think they can lay spores ON eggs, to start a new batch of virii)

Ants steal souls and DGs and take them back to their nest, creating something like 3 more ants.
-- The GoldFish - member of former GIT and commander in chief of GALLAHAD. You could have done something, but it's been fixed. The end. Also, play bestgameever!

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”