Complete Powerup List (SPOILERS)

General discussion about Game Play

Moderators: jelco, bert_the_turtle

Feud
level5
level5

Postby Feud » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:03 am

xyzyxx wrote:IV is not a Roman numeral.

Oh, was that what he was talking about? I twas a little confused back there...
Flamester
level0

Postby Flamester » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:05 am

You people need to get your sarcasm detectors fixed. :?
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:24 am

xyzyxx: I just wanted you to know that yours is the only animated avatar that I have not blocked. Thank you for not abusing animated .gifs.

xander
The GoldFish
level5
level5

Postby The GoldFish » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:30 am

;-;
-- The GoldFish - member of former GIT and commander in chief of GALLAHAD. You could have done something, but it's been fixed. The end. Also, play bestgameever!
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:17 pm

The GoldFish wrote:;-;

Oh... who... your avatar is animated! How did I not notice that?

xander
Pox
level5
level5

Postby Pox » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:19 pm

Time for a shotgun full of Adblock, methinks.
Puzzlemaker
level2
level2

Postby Puzzlemaker » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:10 pm

Triffids can spawn Evilwinians, I think. In fact, I am almost positive. I think they are the only way to spawn soul destroyers too? Not sure about that one.
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:04 pm

Soul Destroyers also come (indirectly) out of manually placed eggs, and are the reason you should think twice before using eggs to defend your base.
Puzzlemaker
level2
level2

Postby Puzzlemaker » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:10 pm

They are neutral if they come out of your eggs, correct?
Xocrates
level5
level5

Postby Xocrates » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:13 pm

Nope! Soul Destroyers spawned from your eggs are as evil and annoying as ever.
NukeLord
level4
level4

Postby NukeLord » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:13 pm

No, soul destroyers are always on the Evilwinian team and will attempt (and probably succeed) to kill anyone.
cecilofs
level0

Re: Complete Powerup List (SPOILERS)

Postby cecilofs » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:22 pm

xyzyxx wrote:Dark Forest - Allows you to place a Dark Forest on the map. Dark Forests will consume the souls of nearby Multiwinians. It can also corrupt nearby Magical Forests or normal trees and turn them into more Dark Forest. They can also be set on fire.

By "consume the souls of nearby multiwinians" does this mean that it kills them and then consumes their souls, or that it only consumes the souls once they are dead?

Furthermore, does this have any impact on the game besides killing your Multiwinians? i.e. Does it mean less will spawn next time? I remember in Darwinia there was a lot of emphasis on the ecology of souls - they'd be collected by engineers or through devices and then transported down the "power lines" to your spawn points. Is there still an ecology as such or are the "power lines" with souls running down them mainly a graphic effect now?
xander
level5
level5

Re: Complete Powerup List (SPOILERS)

Postby xander » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:11 pm

cecilofs wrote:By "consume the souls of nearby multiwinians" does this mean that it kills them and then consumes their souls, or that it only consumes the souls once they are dead?

They consume only the soul. This kills the DG. Soul destroyers do not consume the souls of already dead DGs. ;)

cecilofs wrote:Furthermore, does this have any impact on the game besides killing your Multiwinians? i.e. Does it mean less will spawn next time? I remember in Darwinia there was a lot of emphasis on the ecology of souls - they'd be collected by engineers or through devices and then transported down the "power lines" to your spawn points. Is there still an ecology as such or are the "power lines" with souls running down them mainly a graphic effect now?

Even in Darwinia, the "power lines with souls" were just for show. The actually ecology of souls, while discussed in the campaign setting of the game, is not enforced by the game. Darwinia does not keep track of how many souls are available in total, or how many have been consumed. The only effect that SDs ever had was to kill DGs without leaving their souls behind, which meant that engineers could not collect them up, and bring them to incubators. That is also the only effect that they have in Multiwinia -- they kill DGs without leaving a soul behind.

xander
cecilofs
level0

Postby cecilofs » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:59 am

Ah ok thanks for that clarification. I guess it would be pretty hard to keep track of all of the souls as far as respawn numbers go - still it would be a cool resource management idea :)

Those soul destroyers are one of my least favourite - really tough to kill!
Kuth
level4
level4

Postby Kuth » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:48 am

The only surefire way to kill them is with gunturrets. Rockets move too slow and don't have that great a range. They are immune to flame too, which I find utterly ridiculous, but there it is.

Return to “Gameplay Discussion”